Chapter 2

"She looks like Lori, Drew!" I don't think that Colin knew I could hear him. But I did enjoy watching him while he didn't know. He held himself differently somehow.

"And she doesn't seem to remember..." He drifted off, Drew must be speaking. I couldn't help but wonder what he thinks I don't remember. Him? I don't see how I could remember him, this trip is the only time I've ever met him. Drew always came to New Zealand either on his own, or just with his parents. I remember last night, granted it's a bit fuzzy; and slightly delusional - seeing as I thought Colin was Drew last night. We had breakfast with the group, before heading off in our different directions for the day. Mr and Mrs Ford were remaining at the hotel, but they were going to be anything but idle - it was their job to finalise the reception. Lori and Drew were going to pick up Lori's parents, and then Lori was off to the hotel spa to be totally spoilt and prettied up for the big day tomorrow. To my intense discomfort Colin was right, I was to spend the day running around Vegas with him picking up the last few bits, getting my dress; and god only knows what else.

Right now though I am in the changing room at the rental place, leaning on the door watching Colin on the phone to Drew. He needs to give his opinion on the dress, I like it enough as a bride's maid dress - but he needs to take a photo and send it to Lori, I had thought that she would have come with me to give the final approval, but apparently not.

"God I just want to... Yeah. Is there anything else that you can tell me?" I watched as Colin's body tensed up, and his foot started tapping in irritation, or maybe it was agitation.

"What aren't you telling me, Drew?" Colin started to twist in my direction so I slid back into the little room, counted to five, and made my way back out.

"That's the dress." Colin said upon seeing me. I looked down at it, it was alright, but I wouldn't have said it was 'the' dress.

"Do you have a hairband?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, why?" But instead of answering me he strode towards the store clerk.

"Excuse me, do you have a hairband?" Colin asked the middle aged woman, in fairness she did have shoulder length hair, so she might have. To my surprise though she rummaged under the counter and produced one from a packet. She grinned conspiratorially at me.

"We get that a lot." She said, and I nodded.

"Thanks." I said as I took the tie. I turned to face Colin who was holding the hair-tie. I reluctantly took it.

"What do you want me to do with this?"

"Put your hair up, vaguely how you'll wear it tomorrow. Please look like you, okay..." He asked looking sheepish. Colin really finds the twin thing disconcerting it would seem. I thought for a moment before carefully sectioning the top half of my hair into a ponytail, and finger combing the rest so it lost some of the 'rock chick' look.

"Better?" I asked, though I was surprised by how much difference it had made. Colin ginned at me.

"Much." He said as he took the photo to send to Lori. I ducked back into the changing room to throw on my borrowed outfit. While I was changing I heard Colin's phone chirp.

"Lori loves it, if you like it we'll get it." I took a moment to scrunch my hair back into the 'rock chick' tumbling waves that went with my outfit.

"Yeah, it's good." I say as I walk out of the changing room. I can't say that I wasn't amused by the distaste that ran across Colin's face - I'm loving how much he hates the twin thing. Especially since Lori and I aren't even related. I walked up to the store clerk.