Chapter One

Five days, it took my mother five days to send me away. She told the system that I couldn't be trusted that I was a danger to not only me but to others around me. I am a few things but one of them is not dangerous. My father died when I was 10 and my mother blamed me for what happened. I was in the car with my father and we hit a curve on accident while he was giving me my stuffed animal and we flipped twice and then settled as we went to spin for the third. A nearby runner came running over my father insisted that I be pulled out first. The runner pulled me out and I was barely aware of what was happening. Then the explosion happened, the car burned and I the lone survivor was left to fend for myself. Enough about my dad that's a subject I like to leave untold. Back to how my mother sent me into the system I was 16 years old at the time thought I was top shit running the schools and shit, but I was wrong. There came a time when my mother was given a chance to take me back but her husband my stepfather said that he couldn't take care of a child. The old man was sick and my mom was taking care of him but I was her daughter. The runner from the crash was a dear friend so while my mom sorted everything out I stayed with the runner and his family. They had a son a year older then me. His name is Hayden Blake, he was the top Jock at school quarterback, basketball captain, baseball, tennis, I mean you name it he played it. I was merely a delinquent who thought that the world owed me something.

"So, you are going to school today right?" Asked Michael the runner.
"Probably not." I reply.
"Cassie you have to go sometime. I mean you're just letting life pass you by."
"I just figured my mother told me I wasn't going anywhere in life and I think she's right."
"And uhh what would you father think?"
"That I was making a huge mistake not going after my dreams."
"So go."
I grab my bag and wonder outside where Hayden is and get in his car. I put in my headphones because me and Hayden don't really get along very well. Its not his fault it's mine, I just don't trust anyone. I feel like if we became friends it would escalate until he crushed me. So I'll just keep the fact that we don't get along.

Mr. Marshall was my favorite teacher until he told me that he thought that with my attitude I was going nowhere just like my mom said.
"Alright class, welcome back Cassie Carmichael hopefully you try this time." He says.
"Yeah and maybe I'll get hit by a car." I retort.
"Okay you can see me after class."
"Oooo I'm so scared."
The class goes by so slowly and time just drags on here. I can't get anything done here. It's to loud, Marshall talks to much and I just wish I had my camera but it broke when my mom threw me out last time. The bell finally rings and I walk up front.
"Cassidy..." he says.
"It's Cassie."
"Cassie, what happened? You we're my best student and then...."
"You want to question me fine. First my dad the only one who ever believed in me died because of my mistake of even wanting the toy. Then my mother wants me gone and she got it. I'm officially a Foster kid sorry to disappoint but I am not going anywhere anyway what is the point in trying. Thank you Mr. Marshall for helping me realize I'm not good enough, and I never will be."
I turn around and walk as quick as I can out as the tears well up I run outside I'm done with today I just can't. I drop my bag as the tears run down my face. I can't do it anymore, I just can't. I start walking towards Michael's and as I reach the house I notice no ones home. Perfect. I unlock the door and go upstairs to the bathroom. This is my opportunity, this is my life and I'm ending it. I grab a bottle open it and start putting them in my mouth and start swallowing them I've taken the entire bottle when I hear the front door open. I walk towards the door and lose my balance and I hit the floor I see Hayden speed up the stairs and he looks at me then the bottle in my hand and I black out. I half understand what's happening but I don't. I feel two arms and then air. Am I finally dead is it over.