#1: Time to Pay the Bill

Ding. Dong.

The stupid school bell rings indicating the end of class. I yawned. It had to do that right when I fell asleep...

I lift my head up and wipe my eyes, crumble up the hilarious doodle of Mr. James (what a shame) and push myself through the crowd of people standing in the doorway. It annoys the hell out me. Why out of all the available space in the room, do they have to stand there?!?

For a second there, the guy I pushed glares at me but then immediately steps away when he recogjnises me. I give him a smirk , then step into the hallway. Good to see my reputation is still holding strong.

Nothing changed over the holidays. While I walk to my locker everyone is still giving me respectful or scared looks like they used to, and girls are giving me seductive glances. Even some guy I don't know is winking at me creepily. I glare at him and as a result he flinches and walks away. I'm not a homophobe but that doesn't mean I will let a guy stare at me like I'm his dessert.

I arrive to my good n'old q and sigh. As always, I go through the same boring day. I just know that it's going to be the same old routine till the end of the year. Then again I don't know what would make it 'exciting' for me. I already got everything I need.

I look into the tiny mirror I have attached to my locker door. I have short, blond, curly hair and green eyes with an handsome face that pretty much makes me a human woman magnet. I'm pretty rich, since my dad owns some kind of famous company and my mom is a doctor. Both are overseas. I'm also the captain of the football team, an ace in any sports, most popular guy on campus... the list is endless.

I'm not even ashamed to boast about it. I'm just that perfect. Well I do get annoyed stares when I say that in public, but they can't deny the truth forever.

Yet, I'm super bored and want something else to happen. Something exciting and life changing.

"Hey Leonard, why the gloomy face~?" A cheerful voice asked me a bit too familiarly behind me, cutting off my thoughts.

This is definitely not what I asked for. Definitely NOT life changing. If anything this guy kills my nerves one by one. Out of all idiots to talk to me, it had to be him...

I turn around completely annoyed to meet Landon's grinning face.

"How many fucking times did I tell you not to call me Leonard? It's just Leon!"I slammed the locker shut loudly for emphasis.

The students around us immediately stepped back to my sudden, angry outburst. However, Landon didn't even flinch. In fact, he is smiling even more broadly now and is giggling.

People around us are probably praising him for his bravery, or are thinking that we are super close. In fact, I can actually see some people pouting in jealousy.

Sadly, he just has no sense of danger and is simply, utterly stupid. The only reason he is still on top of the social ladder is because of looks and his 'good humour'. Also because of his sister that was once the 'queen' here. Mostly the looks though.

He has light brown hair going down in waves reaching just below his ears, amber eyes and is fairly tall. Although, he still is a few centimeters shorter than I. He should thank God for giving him the popularity card so easily with his girly face.

In any other circumstances, I would just ignore him. He isn't that bad of a guy. I only hate him because he is so god damn clingy. He follows me around like a dog and acts like a complete idiot. I don't even know why he is so attached to me. I am not nice to him, or to anyone really.

He continues to giggle as I take my bag and carelessly throw it over my shoulder.

"I don't find it fair that I have to call you Leon when you don't even call me Lanny. Landon is too formal!" He pouts, walking along side me.