THE MOMENT WHEN YOU END UP BEING A CLASS CLOWN

Carissa wanted a change in her school life for the new month. She wanted her classmates to start taking her seriously and respect her. Every time she tried, she just blew it. She wanted to be more mature and responsible this time of round, like an old time sixteen year old. She didn’t want to end up like the sixteen year olds who think they are twenty years or thirty, who on the real, acts like thirteen.

Carissa stepped into the first session which was Home Room Session. She felt the hunch that something was wrong but didn’t know what exactly. She pushed the door and it creaked open. Immediately there was uproar of boisterous laughter.

“Carissa, I can’t believe that is you!” Shenneil blurted out. Shenneil Williams was also tall and slim as Carissa; however she was a bit darker.

“What’s wrong with me?”Carissa asked worriedly and impatiently sought an answer.

“Didn’t you look in the mirror this morning?” Shenneil asked.

“Yes I-... Oh no!”

“Don’t worry; I’ll help you fix it in the rest room.”

“Hurry before anyone else notices!” Carissa impatiently exclaimed. “Oh, thank you dear.”

“Why thank me?” Shenneil asked rhetorically, and then muttered, “Still can’t believe your hair is still tied down...”

“Shhh!” Carissa responded and they both laughed out the situation. While the both of them were in the restroom, Rena Littman appeared.

“Hey guys, what was all that excitement about?” she enquired.

Rena is always late for school and also late for jokes. Rena is also tall and slender but much fairer than Carissa, in complexion. She is also renowned at East High Academy as a Tennis-hooked freak or champion. Rena’s livelihood is in Tennis as how a Christian’s livelihood is in Christ. She feels like a queen bee in her own conceit and just cannot think of a day that she could actually be defeated. To be more precise, cannot think of a person that can beat her in Tennis at East High Academy. She firmly believes that such a person does not exist. That is to emphasize on how conceited she was.

“So how was your tournament Rena?” asked Carissa.

“Wait, you guys not gonna tell me what happened? Trying to change the subject huh? Well, actually, you guys ain’t smarter than me!”

“How did smartness get into this conversation Rena?” Carissa interrupted Rena’s vein speech, because she wasn’t going to stop. “Ask whoever you saw laughing.” Carissa added.

“I’m not going to; I asked both of you, my friends!”

“F-Friends...?” asked Carissa, really disturbed.

“Yea friends... right?” Rena chuckled.

“Well you’re not worthy of being my friend anymore, remember what happened last month? However, we are still correspondents.”

“Whatever! Aren’t you a Christian?”

“Please! Don’t bother with it!” Carissa replied. “I didn’t say I’m malicing you, but you do not fit the definition that I have for a friend!”