Chapter One

[Morgan's P.O.V.]

"Mrs. Sparrow do I have to take your phone?" My English teacher asked me as I finish sending a text to My best Friend Amelia. I tuck my phone between my legs like I always do and smile at her like I am a good kid.

"No you don't need to Mrs. Bayer" I say trying not to laugh. I hear my friend Annie stifle back a snicker and Mrs. Bayer continues to lecture us on Shakespeare and how he is the best poet of all time. I did not care one bit about Shakespeare but I still had to sit through it.

When the 50 minute period ended I get out of my seat and walk out of the classroom. Annie follows me out and we walk to our AP World History Class. As we walk in Mr. Calleum hands us our tests from Fridays quiz. Annie got a 80 out of 100 and I surprisingly got 90 out of 100. That was good for me. We sit down in class and listen to Mr. Calleum lecture about the Persian Empire for 50 minutes.

This was a boring day and I just wanted to get out of Choir. I did not like our long-term substitute while our real Choir teacher is on maternity leave. Mr. Machentosh is his name but he insists we just call him by this first name Reg. When Choir is over I walk with Amelia to my next class. She does not care anyways if she is late. We like to walk together sense Choir is the only thing we have together besides lunch.

I hug her goodbye and walking into my Nutrition Class. I sit down and as usual Mr. Vambgar walks in late to the classroom sense his office is at the other end of the school. I look around the classroom of the unusual small class. In total there is 11 of us. The cool thing is that my crush is the class so I get to talk to him a lot. He even starts the conversation most of the time. I had tuned out the teacher by this point and all I did was think about Mike.

He must have dismissed us into groups because as I was sitting there listening to my music I felt some one tap my shoulder.

"Hey Morgan? Do you want to work together?" I hear a smooth and angelic voice say. I take my head phone out and look up to see Mike staring at me. I smile and feel my ears get hot.

"Oh hey Mike yeah of course I would love to" I say and I pull out my pencil and he hands me a piece of paper. We sit and do class work then we get side tracked as usual talking about other things that were not related to the class. Mr. Vambgar must have let us have the whole class period to work because the bell rang while I was mid sentence. My heart dropped knowing I would not be able to talk to Mike until tomorrow. I packed up my things and when I had walked out the classroom I felt Jake tap my shoulder.

"Hey do you want to sit with me at lunch today?" He says with a great big smile. I smile back and I can feel myself blushing.

"Yeah sure all my friends have other lunch anyways. I doubt your friends will like me though..." I say to him with a pathetic laugh. He laughs and his green eyes sparkle.

"They will love you just like.... uh yeah they will love you" He says rubbing the back of his head as we walk into the cafeteria. I see his rowdy group of friends. They point Mike out everyday when he walks in but when they see me walking with him they get quiet and into a huddle. They stop talking when we walk up to the table and Mike sits down. I smile awkwardly and his friend Brandon pulls up a chair for me. I sit and the continue their usual talk about working at the station. The fire station be exact. All of these guys want to be firefighters and with no pun intend I think its really hot.

I sit silently eating my sandwich from the lunch at the High school. I feel someone touching my knee and I look over at Mike. He smile and takes his hand away.

My breath is rapid like I just got the wind knocked out of me. I can feel my cheeks and my ears getting hot. He smiles at me and continues to eat. He was trying to see if I would react to him.

When he bell rings we say goodbye to his friends and he starts to walk me to class.

"So who do you want to go to Homecoming with?" I ask trying to break the silence.

"I was going to ask my friend Lizzie" He says but then he continues "but now I think I am going to ask someone else. Who do you want to go with?" He asks with a playful smile.

"I am not sure who I am going with. I was hoping the guy I like would ask me but he has not yet. So I might just go with Amelia." I say trailing off. We end up at my classroom and he says goodbye to me. I walk into the classroom and sit down but I could not shake the feeling on his hand on my leg.