Chapter 6

I sigh as I watch Garrett and Dave glaring at each other. They both get into their fighting stances. I pull my arms back and swing the mallet at the gong with all of my might. The sound resonates through the entire warehouse. The noise is soon replaced with the catcalls and cheers of encouragement for the two fighters.

Dave's approach to the fight seems to be very simple. I can almost imagine what’s going through his head right now. Something like 'Must. Punch. Garrett.' would be my guess. Because that's pretty much all Dave tries to do. But I have to admit, his punches looked deadly. One punch to the head and you'd be out.

Garrett's approach is mostly dodging the punches and trying to go for the less obvious kill. Well not literally kill, but you get the point.

I watch as Dave goes in for another punch. I suck in my breath as I watch it land right on Garrett's gut. Garrett lets out a breath and clutches his stomach. He drops to the floor. Garrett lays there for a couple of seconds. After a few moments of silence, the crowd slowly starts to cheer for Dave. I can't believe it. Garrett was so confident...How could it be over so soon? Dave holds his arms up in victory thinking he's won, but when all eyes are on Dave and not Garrett, Garrett makes his move. I seem to be the only one watching Garrett as he stealthily sweeps his leg out in a wide, graceful arc. Garrett's leg hits Dave's ankle and Dave falls to the ground. Garrett wastes no time punching Dave in the gut and then in the head. Once Garrett is positive that Dave is out cold, he stands up.

Holy shit. Garrett is badass!

That was so intense! I feel like I need to go watch some action movies now.

The crowd erupts in cheers. Dave's team members look dumfounded. I probably would be to if I were them. One minute my teammate is cheering in victory, the next he's blacked out and on the floor.

I stare at Garrett in amazement. He catches my gaze and shoots me a smug smile. I gaze back in amazement and send him a smile. He returns it then continues to accept praise from the many bystanders. The people who bet on him are receiving their money, and the people who bet against are grumbling and moaning.

Finally after about half an hour, everything is settled and almost everybody has left. Garrett struts over to me with his hand in his pockets.

"How was I?" Garrett asks with a cocky grin.

I ignored his question.” How did you learn to fight like that?" I asked.

"Let's just say it comes naturally,"

Bullshit. No one can fight like that without any training, but I let the subject drop.

"Ready to go?" Garrett.

Hearing those words reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Panic At the Disco. I can't help but burst out in song.

"I think I'm ready to goo oh oh oooh! Get me out of my mind! Get me out of my mind! I'm ready to gooo oh oh ooo-" Before I know it, a hand is clamped over my mouth.

"Geez could you be anymore annoying?" Garrett asks shaking his head.

"Mmph," I reply, his hand still covering my mouth.

He let's go and I tell him to wait a bit while I go change. I hurry to the room that my clothes were left in. Putting my clothes back on was a quick and easy task. I was out in a matter of seconds. I had left my 'Gong' clothes on the table. Garrett was waiting for me outside the warehouse. He starts to lead me to his car. I look around for Max's car but it seems to already be gone. One of Garrett's buddies must've already taken care of it.

When we reach Garrett's car, he opens the door for me. Wow, he has manners after all! He starts the car and we pull away in silence. Then I decide to ask him the question that has been burning in my mind ever since I got here.