Chapter 2

~Lillie's POV~

When I got back to the Gryffindor common room, I found Hermione and Ginny at loggerheads in the middle of the room.

"What is your problem!? Why can't you just accept that you are sisters? You can't change it!" Ginny's face was bright red as she yelled at Hermione, not holding back with her anger.

"I do accept it, I just don't want to be pulled down by her, you would too if you were in my position!"

"I would love it if Lillie was my sister! She is an amazing person and you only hate to be associated with her because she is different to you and isn't afraid to be herself!" Ginny saw me by the portrait and was about to say something when I put my finger to my lips, telling her to keep quiet. I walked over to the sofas and to see what her reaction would be, I flopped down behind Hermione and said "So you don't want me to pull you down then? Why didn't you just tell me that, I would have understood".

"I... I... I..." Hermione stuttered and then stormed off to the girl's dorm, slamming the door behind her.

Laughing I said, "Oooh...did I catch a nerve?" and kicked off my shoes, almost hitting Ron in the face.

"I can't believe her! It's good that you are different and you don't follow to crowd. I wish I was more like you" I turned towards Ginny and saw that she had returned to her normal colour. Putting my hands on her shoulders I said "Ginny, trust me, you don't want to be like me. If Hermione doesn't want me to pull her down, I won't. She always gets what she wants and that won't change, no matter how much I fight it, she will always win."

Before anyone could reply, I got up and went to the dorms and flopped onto my bed. I pulled my guitar out of my trunk, thanking my lucky stars that I had convinced Hermione to teach me the spell to make my trunk larger when she was having one of her good days, and I started to play the familiar tune of The Pretty Reckless' song You, the first song I learnt to play.

You don't want me, no

You don't need me

Like I want you, oh

Like I need you

And I want you in my life

And I need you in my life

You can't see me, no

Like I see you

I can't have you, no

Like you have me

And I want you in my life

And I need you in my life

Love

Love

Love

You can't feel me, no

Like I feel you

I can't steal you, no

Like you stole me

And I want you in my life

And I need you in my life

La la la la

La la la la

La la la la

La la la la

The lyrics were kind of how I felt about Hermione, she doesn't want me around and doesn't want to be around me but I want to be around her because, despite our differences, she was my sister and that would never change.