Pondering

Sigh, toss, turn, wake up. Anders' nightly routine as of late. He hoped that what he had heard before would not be true. 'The Calling,' as the other Wardens had called it, was something that the mage had recently started to fear.
It had been about fifteen years since his little... or rather... large incident. Fifteen years since he had killed dozens of people in one building and still somehow managed to run off and try to start a new and possibly better life with Marian. Maybe a child or two or as well.
Thoughts raced through his mind as he stared at a few papers that he had on his desk beside him. Either he gets caught by the templars and gets killed on turned tranquil; try and go to the Circle himself and still face either of those two outcomes; or go to the Deep Roads himself and fight darkspawn until he eventually dies. That left the matter of his lover and child. The two people that he loved to no end. The two people that he wanted to protect and be happy with. The two that he also wanted to stay with.
He sighed and looked at Marian, who was curled up beside him, still deeply asleep. A small smile grace his features, but quickly disappeared. The blond mage snuggled up to his lover a bit as he quietly thought to himself, 'What should I do?'