9;

Ricky's POV:
I cut the visit short wanting to see Portland. After I bought his favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream I went home, dropping Heresy off at Christian's since they needed to 'study.' Yeah whatever.

Walking in, I threw my keys on the end table everyone throws their shit on. "Hey baby, where's Heresy?" Dev asks, kissing me sweetly. "At Christian's. Had a test to study for apparently." He nods, taking the ice cream to put it in the freezer. "Portland is in his room. Pretty quiet like usual." He tells me. "Ok, I'll check on him."

I knock on his door like I always do, no answer. I open the door to see him asleep, a large black and purple blotch on his left eye. I move forward to pull a blanket over his sleeping body, noticing something that makes tear run down my cheeks. Cuts on his wrists.

I lay the blanket on him and walk out of the room, collapsing against the hall wall, crying into my hands. How could my ten year old son be so sad that he feels the need to cut? What did I do wrong?

"Baby what's wrong?" Devin sinks down next to me, holding me. "Portland..." I choke up, "He cuts." Without another word, he gets up and walks into Portland's room. I follow, wiping my eyes.

Devin lightly shakes him awake and Portland cuddles into the blanket more. "I'm tired, leave me alone." He mutters. "I know, but sweetheart, your dad and I are worried about you." Dev tells him, moving Portland's over grown fringe out of his face. "I'm fine." He mumbles, pulling his sleeves down, pretending to be cold.

"Port, if something is bothering you, you know you can tell me or your dad." Devin whispers and I come over next to him. "I'm fine, just tired." He confirms. No, you are not. Quit lying to us. "Ok." Devin's voice cracks and he shuffles me out of the room for him to sleep.

"What the fuck?! You're just letting him suffer in silence! He needs to talk to someone about it!" I whisper-yell at him. "I'm letting him sleep and think. We'll talk to him tomorrow. Okay? I know your upset, I am too, but please, I know what I'm doing." I give him a sour look. "I do, relax." He promises me, kissing my head and holding me close.

Heresy's POV:
I knock at Christian's door. Hope he answers I didn't give a heads up. "Oh hey Darling. Chris is up in that cave of his." Mrs. Capaldi tells me. "Ok thank you." I smile nicely.

I sneak into his room while he was playing a first person shooter on his Xbox. "Fuck you dude!" He curses and a guy on Skype laughs. "There's a hot chick behind you, by the way." He mentions. "Oh thanks for blowing my cover!" I roll my eyes. "Hey Heresy." Christian pauses the game.

"So she's the elusive Heresy you don't shut up about?" The guy smiles. "Yes I am. Although I was unaware he talked about me that much." I smile at Christian's bright read face. "Oh yeah. I'm Jaq by the way." He smiles flirtatiously. "Jaq? You french?" I ask. "Oui je suis et vous êtes très belle." He says. "It means; Yes I am and you are very beautiful." He tells me and I see Christian glare at him. "I think it's time we get off for the night, yeah?" Christian suggests. "Sure, whatever. Good luck with hot stuff." He signs off.

"What's up?" He asks me, signing out of his game. "Nothing much. My visit with my mom was good. Thanks for asking. We talked a lot." He nods. "That's good." He keeps fiddling with things. "Christian! Stop, you make me crazy when you do that!" He stops, hanging his head. "What's up with you?" I ask softly. "I don't know!" He shouts at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you. I guess I'm just nervous." He sighs. "What for?"

"This." He takes my head in his hands while he connects our lips. His lips were a little rough against mine but it felt nice. "I love you." He whispers after a few minutes. "I love you too."