chapter three.

(update, i can't seem to attach a link to the vines for the chapter. she does have a youtube account but they are not the same as her vines and they don't necesarilly work with the chapter, but they are still great. i will find something to work with.)

I awkwardly smiled at the girl, Cobie, who now sat on the other side of the booth. Her dark hair fell in front of her face as she tried to get comfortable. She wasn't really that skinny, and she wasn't really round. Her body was perfect. "What are you staring at, Harry?" She smiled. I shrugged my shoulders, not really knowing why I was staring. Well, I do know why. No one is really this nice to me. I've been to schools upon schools and no one has approached me like this. And Cobie has.

"Are you okay?" Cobie asked concerned. Her perfect, dark eyebrows furrowed together. I quickly flipped through the pages of my sketch book, looking for an empty page to write in. Once I found one, the page was quickly filled with my handwriting, explaining how I'm not much of a talker. I slid the book over to her and she picked it up. He rlips moved as she read the words aloud, "It is very nice to meet you, Cobie. I am sorry, I don't really talk that much. It's kind of  stupid, but I am afraid that if I speak, I might ruin the beauty of the world. Just look around at all the beautiful things. Birds, people, conversations, music, coffee. It's all beautiful."  She finished reading the paper and cracked a half smile. "You're very cute, Harry. But, I'm sure your voice can add even more beauty and wonder to the world." Cobie giggled. I couldn't help but to smile and hide my blushed cheeks. I've never thought of something like that. Her small hands pulled my own hands away from my face, "Look, you've made colour! You're cheeks are making colour." Cobie squealed and pulled her hands away. "Look how beautiful you are!" Maybe she was right, but it would take a lot more to convince me. 

"Anyways, I need to get going. My next class is in thirty minutes." Her dark, brown eyes glanced at the thick watch wrapped around her tiny wrist. "It was very nice meeting you, Harry.  If you would like to, we could meet up here again?" 

I spent time thinking about her question, but not too long. Was Cobie someone I could trust and enjoy a friendship with? After all, she was incredibly sweet, kind, beautiful, and exquisite. And i only knew her name. My head nodded, without me even knowing. "Great! Can we meet up at 4 p.m.?" The sweet girl jumped up and down a little, excited at the possible hangout. I knew I would enjoy it just as much. 

The walk back home wasn't boring and dull today. I had a positive energy with every step I took. Maybe I could run. Different thoughts twisted and twirled through my head, like the ballerina painting Niall stole. Niall. I haven't thought of him since I've met Cobie at the coffee shop. There were no thoughts of when the next time Niall would beat me up, when he'd pester me for another painting. It was strange, but I felt calm. 

I feel calm.