Samantha & I

• Dedicated to Happy Endings

Samantha and I met in a course I took for the summer two years ago. I wouldn't actually say met but we were in the same class .

We never really talked to each other , I tried but something was holding me back. And that time I was not so attractive like I am now.

I used to look at her all the time . Even when I tried to look at the board ,my eyes would stray towards her. How hard  I tried I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

Every time I walked in the class , my eyes would instantly search for her. Her gorgeous smile  made me go crazy.

One day she  found out about the crush I had on her.

So she sat next to me and stared at me during the whole lecture. I blushed under her gaze. As their was nothing I could do.

I couldn't look at her . I didn't know why she did that. She was not taking her eyes of me.

Then the bell rang . I walked out of the class with my friends and didn't even look back.

Then the last day of the course finally came. We all had to write our names in a sheet of paper and that was when I got to know her name.

We went back again to the building were we had our classes ,to take the certificates.

My eyes searched for her.  When I finally found her , I saw that she was coming closer and closer and my heart started pounding faster and faster.

She just passed by me and I faced the other side pretending that I didn't care.

It was time to leave and I looked at her for the last time.

I watched her and looked at her every detail for the last time so that I could remember her.

She was at the gate and I felt like she was waiting for me but I ignored her and kept walking with my friends.

I felt her eyes on me. I didn't know what she found in me to stare at me every time when I walked pass her.

I was unattractive , and I knew that. And I was nothing great to look at.

Why was she looking at me?

Was she really interested in me or was she playing with me?

Did  I let my chance in love get away from me?

I thought these questions would remain unanswered but I found out all about it in  the party that took place two years after.

                                        Even if I had seen her after 24 months , 2 weeks , 4 days , 3hours , 13 minutes and 240 seconds.

I felt like I had just seen her yesterday. I found her even more beautiful than before.

I could not believe myself that she was really there. All I could think was " This ia a dream , somebody please  pinch me."

Then I prayed to god so that she may not notice me. From the good luck I had , she didn't know that I was there.

I followed her. Then she suddenly looked back. I quickly turned my head towards a friend who I had not seen in a long time.

I knew I had changed over the years but I saw a spark of recognition flash in her eyes.

She  came up to me and told me to meet her outside.

I  followed her .

She stopped abruptly and then turned around to face me.

She looked into my eyes.

And she said ," The first day, I looked at you . I knew you were different. And when I found out that you liked me , I got interested. 

" At first I was playing you but slowly I started liking you. And on the last day , I wanted to talk to you but you ignored me. But I didn't let go. And over the years , I thought about you and kept thinking about you . And"

She took a deep breath and looked directly in my eyes and  said,

" I love you "

This was it , this was my second chance . The second chance of love that I was not going to let go.

I looked at her flustered expression and a smile took over my face and I leaned closer to her.

And said  " I love you too, Samantha"

And pulled her into a kiss.