Chapter 3 - The First 'Date'

*Jordan's POV*

It was the end of PAX East 2013.

I was in my hotel room and was getting ready to leave after my last breakfast here.

I stared at the slightly crumpled piece of paper in my hand. It was Erin... Aureylian's number. Should I...?

I fished out my handphone from my bag and hesitated for a moment, but my gut told me to go for it. I dialled the number and waited for the call to go through.

*beep*

I braced myself for the answer.

There was none.

*beep*

"boooop... please leave your message after the beep."

*beep*

I sighed. Whatever. Maybe it just isn't meant to be. I left my stuff in the room and went down to the buffet table for breakfast.

I sat down on a seat near the windows. I liked brighter areas, dark places just ruin my mood.

I checked my phone's time:
March 25, 2013 // 8.36AM

I sighed once again.

I left my seat to get breakfast from the table.

Ooh! Orange juice. I grabbed a cup and got a full cup of orange juice, drank some, and refilled it.

I held it in my left hand and walked toward the tray of cheese sandwiches. Nice.

I grabbed a few of those and some chicken nuggets. I looked around the table some more, for most of the things on the trays didn't suit my taste.

Finally! I stared at the omelet. Nice. I tried to get it, but I couldn't balance as I had a cup orange juice on my left hand. I struggled to hold 3 things at once...

"Need help?" I heard someone say.

I lifted my head up to see a familiar face.

"Oh hey, yeah..." I started blushing.

Damn it... I cursed under my breath. That was embarrassing.

*Erin's POV*

I walked towards the cafe in my hotel. It was the last day of PAX. As I walked, trying to look for my handphone, I came across the familiar looking guy again.

He seemed to be struggling with uhh... handling food. I contemplated to whether I should help him, and I decided I should. We were already sorta friends anyway.

"Need help?" I asked, with a smile on my face.

"Oh hey, yeah." he replied, his face flushed with redness.

"Let me get that for you." I offered. I grabbed the cup of three-quarter filled orange juice and followed him to his seat.

"'Window seat' eh? I like those." I said.

"Yup!" he smiled.

"Well... can I join you?" I asked, hoping he would say yes.

*Jordan's POV*

Did she just ask if she could join me? Oh man...

"Yea sure." I said, awkwardly while drinking another sip of orange juice.

"Thanks!" she smiled and went to grab some food.

Wait... Balls... I forgot to ask why she didn't answer my phone call.

I waited for her to return with her plate of food. She bit on her garden salad and smiled.

"Healthy living?" I questioned.

"Yeah!" she chuckled.

There was a moment of silence.

"So... this is nice..." I tried to break it.

*Both POVs*

Is this our first date?

---------------------