Daemon Whitefield

Joy, happiness, cheer. The general feeling of goodness. We are naturally programed to seek out happiness, the things that makes us feel good. But what if there was someone who was "trained" or otherwise taught to lose happiness. Well one man by the name of Daemon Whitefield has lived this kind of life.

Ever since Daemon was a child he was taught by cuspid not to show his emotions. As is the way of all men in society. But he took it further. After one day where Daemon's grandfather died he was told to soldier up and be there to be a shoulder for the women to cry on. Later on he was told the same thing when his dearest sister underwent mental instability.

So Daemon soldiered up, and stayed that way. He took every emotional blow and thus became so emotionally beaten that even the smallest strife or conflict would cause him pain. So he began to isolate himself. He denied himself that pain. And thus in the deepest parts of his soul, rage began to form.

He grew to be angrier and angrier. He began to wish the world dead, his friends, his family. But he was raised to be a moral soul as well; thus he began to hate his way of thinking and wished himself dead. His desire to kill and the inverse desire to kill himself was keeping him alive but hardly living.

He then decided to confront his family about the issue begging for solutions. He had been numb for so long he couldn't think straight. Time after time again his family told him what to do and he tried it. But nothing seemed to make him happy. So asked again, and again, and again, and again. But nothing seemed to work. Till one day he shattered.

He began to fall into a great depression and lost love in all things. His emotional dam broke and he spilled and flooded everyone around him, in fits of rage and tears. He broke down and after the storm settled. All everyone did was look on in horror. Daemon was seen as a well composed man for most of his life, but once he let loose of his rage and pain everyone saw him as terrifying and at best a monster.

Now Daemon has accepted his lot in life. He had lost his happiness like that of a relative returning to the earth. Daemon accepted that he would probably never feel good again. He accepted but still hopes for a better life. Daemon was happy nevermore.