The Champions

Everyone was gathered in the room where the cup dwelled for the time being. Nikita and Ani were amused watching everyone put their names into the Disaster Cup of Doom. Many of the younger students were just hopefuls wishing they could do it themselves.

"Would you ever put your name in the cup?" Ani asked

"Absolutely not. My life is interesting enough." Nikita answered. Ani laughed.

"I guess it is in a way." Ani stated. Nikita knew what she was referring to but Nikita was talking about further then that. Ani didn't know who Nikita's father was. And she liked to keep it that way. Suddenly, two boys bursted into the room being loud and boisterous. They held vials in their hands and gaining the audience of Hogwarts students. Nikita and Ani walked towards the crowd to see how this would turn out. It looked the two identical boys were stupid enough to try and think of a scheme to outsmart Dumbledore. But the only man capable of outsmarting Dumbledore is Lord Voldemort himself. And even he had trouble doing so.

The boys drank their potions and jumped into the ring of smoke that could apparently detect age. Nothing happened, which to them meant that it was a good sign. They threw there names into the Cup and started celebrating. However, the cup had other planes. It lit up and shot out flames finally shooting out at the two and striking them in the chest. The boys flew back into the ground and they started to look like old men much to everyone's amusement. Even Nikita and Ani. Almost immediately though, everyone became eerily silent except for the twins. Viktor Krum had made his brooding appearance.

He put his name in the cup and walked out. Karkaroff was behind him the whole time, looking smug. That is until he got a look at Nikita. Nikita smirked at him and Karkaroff's expression changed to that of slight fear. As much as it made Nikita happy all over to see him sweat, Nikita was not interested in ruining his life just yet.

A head of blonde disrupted Nikita from her thoughts and next to him was a dark skinned boy who was almost as handsome as the blonde himself. "Mr. Malfoy. Come to watch the entertainment?" Nikita asked.

"Is it entertaining?"

"Very much. This is my friend Ani Jankovic."

"This is Blaise Zabini."

"Zabini? You're a pureblood?" Blaise chuckled before answering, "Yes."

"I'm Nikita Malik."

"Well, its nice meeting you, Ms. Malik. Ms. Jankovic."

"You as well." Ani spoke up.

"How are you enjoying your stay?" Malfoy asked.

"Different." Ani said still being entertained by the cup and its many volunteers.

"Is that a good thing or bad thing?"

"Still deciding." Nikita said.

"Perhaps there is something I can do to persuade you otherwise?" Draco said.

"Best of luck trying." Ani chimed in again. Blaise scoffed, making his presence known again. Ani rolled her eyes before asking him, "What?"

"If you hate it so much, why don't you just go back?"

"And why don't you crawl back into the hole you came from."

Yes, this was the start of a brand new hate-ship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The students were huddled into the hall chatting excitedly with one another. The students had just eaten dinner and now was the time most of the students were waiting for. Eating dinner in Hogwarts was very different than what Nikita and Ani were used to. And if Nikita were quite honest, she preferred it that. Including the food. Dumbledore called the attention of his students as the bell rang in the distance.

"Sit down. Please." Dumbledore spoke. Everyone sat down in their seats waiting for the upcoming spectacle soon to come.

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for! The champion selection!" Dumbledore turned towards the chandeliers and proceeded to dim them astonishing some students. He turned towards the cup that was emitting blue fire and waited briefly for the names to be chosen. The fire turned a brilliant red and a charred piece of parchment flew out. Dumbledore caught the paper and made his announcement.

"The Durmstrang Champion is Viktor Krum." Durmstrang cheered for the champion and congratulated him before he stood and walked over to Dumbledore, shaking his hand. The flame lit up in red again and another name was chosen.

"The champion for Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour." Fleur got up and shook Dumbledore's hand as well. This of course came no shock to Nikita. She was Maxime's favorite after all. The flame lit in red yet again and the Hogwarts Champion was chosen.

"The Hogwarts Champion. Cedric Diggory." Hogwarts cheered for him as he walked towards Dumbledore and the rest of them. "He's cute." Ani whispered in Nikita's ear. Nikita just chuckled.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions. But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard Cup!" The cup was then revealed in all its glory as everyone cheered. However, this soon stopped when the cup lit up in red again. This was shocking to say the least, the champions were chosen. Nikita knew what was happening. Another name was chosen. A name that would change everything. Dumbledore caught the paper in his hand and mumbled the name to himself in shock and disbelief.

"Harry Potter?" He said aloud. Everyone looked around for the famous boy. This was Nikita's chance to see who this boy was. "Harry Potter!" Dumbledore bellowed throughout the hall. Soon, after a boy with dark hair and glasses stumbled towards the front. Nikita had seen this boy before around the girl she had met. This was him. And she didn't even realize it. "Well, he is cute too. Maybe we should transfer to Hogwarts." Ani joked.

"Funny, Ani." Nikita knew what was happening. People looked confused and almost angered at the poor boy. But she knew better. He didn't want this at all.

And now the games shall begin.