I decided that this story would only be in Clarke's POV, but if there's any changes about the point of views I will indicate it.
Enjoy:)
_____________________________

We went back to the MWI department to look through the files. After a couple hours of digging in absolute silence, Bellamy decided to speak.
"How did you know about the car accident? I mean like remember it."
"It's a small town. Car accidents don't happen that often. And beside, Wells was a good friend of mine when we were in high school."
"I'm sorry." I smile.
"We weren't really friends when it happened. We went to two different colleges. I stayed here and he went far away. We lost contact and we were just acquaintances." I look down at the file I was reading - the car accident- and I saw the name of the man who killed Wells, Dante Wallace. "What if Wells father wanted revenge and meet up with the drunk driver." I say.
"Maybe it didn't go as planned and they fought."
"And in the end Jaha was shot."
"Wait didn't they found two bullets at the crime scene?"
"Yeah but our victim was only shot once..."
"Which means that our killer is probably injured. Do we have an address for this guy?"
"Yep. Let's pay him a visit."
"Action on the first day at the job. I already like it."
"You just have the right partner."
"I doubt that, but it still the first day." I roll my eyes.
We headed to my car and drove to Dante Wallace's house.
When we got there, Bellamy knocked on the door, but nobody answered. He knocked again.
"Dante Wallace? MWI open the door." Still no answer.
I try opening the door and it was unlock. I took my gun and entered the house.
"What are you doing?"  He whispers.
"He doesn't answer the door, but it's unlock. And if we're right maybe he's injured." I whisper back. I heard him took his gun.
"Right." He touches my shoulder to signal me I can go. We both go different ways and check for anyone.
"Clear!" He says.
I was about to say it back when I heard someone groan from what seems to be the bathroom.
"Dante Wallace?"
I approach the door and open it. He was on the floor trying to stop the bleeding. I put my gun back in its case and instinctively put pressure on the wound.
"Clarke?"
"Bellamy! Call an ambulance!" He comes in the bathroom at that moment and immediately takes his phone to call an ambulance.

  ***

After the suspect woke up from surgery he admitted killing him. He's probably gonna do a couple of years even if it was self defense.

"We're a great team!" Bellamy says entering my office.
"Yeah." I say while checking my father's murder file again for the millionth time.
"We should celebrate the end of our first case together."
"Thanks, but I'll pass."
"Oh c'mon Griffin. You're not gonna stay in this office all night. You got to live a little."
"I'm not in the mood to celebrate."
"What are you doing?"
"Papers."
"I thought you wanted me to help you with that."
"I'm not doing that."
"You're working on that case aren't you?" I look at him with a questioning look. "I read you're file. Look if you want help on that case, I'm always there." I smile.
"Thanks, but this is something I want to do on my own."
"Not sure the bosses will appreciate."
"I'm not on the field."
"Well you'll have to go eventually."
"Why do you want to help me?"
"You're my partner."
"We've known each other for less than 24 hours."
"Which take me to my first question. So, you want to come take a drink to celebrate. Then we can learn about each other. I'm telling you a partner is not just a partner, it's a friend and someone you can rely on whenever you need something."
"I also have friends for that." He chuckles.
"Yeah but you don't see them everyday at work. And also you don't put your life in their hands."
"I'm not even sure I trust you."
"And why that?"
"You look like you're hiding something."
"Have you read my file yet?" He smirks.
"Yeah, but there is a missing page." His smirk quickly dissappear.
"Hum... I-"
"I was kidding, but you're reaction tells me there's something not in the file." He smile, a sad smile. "I'll have that drink, but I have one condition."
"What?"
"You tell me everything."
"Okay."