Chapter One: Coronation Day

Snowkit lunged forward at the small rock. Her front teeth scraped lightly at the rock. She beamed proudly, but her moment of self-respect was over as her sister called out her name. "Snowkit! Come on!" Snowkit snarled, but complied with her sister's calls. Remembering what she was being called for, Snowkit let out a small squeal of excitement. She was becoming an apprentice! Her sister was as well. They were just barely six moons old, but Bluestar ordered for new apprentices. "Young Snowkit," Bluestar boomed in front of the crowd of cats of Thunderclan. "On this day, you will be apprentice of Graystripe." Snowkit looked over at the new warrior. He was smiling proudly at the prospect of an apprentice of his own. "Your new clan name will be Snowpaw. Any objections?" No cat nor kit would dare object with the leader, especially with such special kits becoming apprentices. Bluestar continued, "Now, young Moonkit. Your mentor will now be Fireheart." Fireheart's warm smile was evidently contagious when Moonkit smiled as well. "Your name will be Moonpaw. You're going to take your apprentices to explore clan territories tomorrow, warriors Fireheart and Graystripe. Understand?" Bluestar's gray-blue eyes glanced at each warrior. When they nodded and bowed their heads respectfully, each cat, one by one, started off to work on their own things. I can't believe I'm finally an apprentice. Mother would be so proud of me. And my sister, of course. Snowpaw thought. If only she were here.

(A/N) I know that these warriors didn't have these apprentices, but as I continue reading the books IRL, then this fanfic will be more closer to the story. As of now, it'll just be my own story with characters and settings as the book. Thanks for reading!