°Ch.8°

Art By: ladyfiszi.deviantart.com

Listening to "Nightmare" by NateWantsToBattle, so inspiring! This story was actually inspired by the song as well as "Break My Mind". Anyway, enjoy, vote and comment. OMG 500 views! Thank you guys!

Chapter 8 - The Moment Where You Realise You Need Eachother

{GOLD's P.O.V:}

~~~~•~~~~

I'm alone in the dark room, I can't see a thing. The only light I have is the moon's rays illuminating through the barred window.

The cell is small, I must admit. I need someplace wider, larger so I could think deeper. I need to try and reach where (Y/N) is through her thoughts so I could get out of here.

I huddle against the wall, pressing my fingertips to my temples and concentrating. After a few moments of silence, I find one of her thoughts.

'I hope Gold's okay...'

That thoughts a keeper, after all that, she's worried about me. Although, the blow to the head from the commander hurt and messed with my mind reading advantages.

I can't hold on much longer onto (Y/N)'s thought, it's slowly slipping away. My head starts to ache as I try to hold on, but it eventually fades, and all I know is that she's leaving me here, going home.

~~~~•~~~~

The morning light barely wakes me, and doesn't bother me as I dleep on the cold hard ground, getting comfortable when a sound erupts from the halls.

I eventually get up after getting sick of the sound and press my head against the bars, trying to locate the source of the noise.

Words then start to form in my head, and it's a feminine voice, the all too familiar one.

Maria, the white haired teenager skips down the hall, laughing, "Goldie! Where is my little gold teddy bear?"

I groan at this sentence and huddle back against the corner of the cold cell and eye her as she skips past mine. Relief washes over me when I realise she's gone, but my heart jumps at the horrifying sight of her head through the bars, smiling.

Her eyes widen and she laughs even harder when I get up and walk over to her, crossing my arms and stand there, waiting for her to leave, "Well?" I ask.

My head is filled with her thoughts, uncomfortable ones, disturbing ones and just plain annoying ones when she speaks, "Where have you been, Goldie?"

She sighs sadly and shakes her head, still stuck through the bars and looks down. I feel bad a moment before I remember one of her thoughts.

'Bring him back, no time to relax.'

"Why are you here, Maria?" I growl, staring at her limp figure against the bars. My hand is then grabbed as I'm slammed against the bars, right infront of her face.

She brings me closer to her, but thankfully for the bars, I couldn't go any closer, "Listen, Goldie," she breathes into my ear, "I can't lose this, and you're taking it away."