Chapter I: A New Beginning!

Fifteen long years of peace passed by in the region of Kanto. The region had recovered fairly well from the Tojoh War that split the Empire into several independent regions and decimated population. One such place was Pallet Town, where the marks of war still showed. Middle aged men were a rare sight. Buildings lay in ruins. Machines of war long destroyed were weathered by nature where they fell. The graveyards were full of deceased soldiers and civilians who lost their lives. Nearly every town and city the regions of Kanto and Johto suffered from the same ill effects of war. Despite it ending fifteen years ago, the pain still seeped deep into the spirits of the inhabitants. Great distrust still bore its marks against the rival regions and their president, though neither side was willing, or able, to go to war again.

The sun crept over the horizon, its rays filling the sky and Pallet Town with its rich glow. A tall, elderly man by the name of Professor Oak sat in a wooden chair, sipping on hot coffee. He looked out into the horizon, waiting for the arrival of the three new Pokémon trainers. As he sipped his coffee, a female assistant with short purple hair entered the room, looking over her notes. "Oh, Professor Oak, you're up already," said the assistant, looking away from her clipboard. "Are you waiting for the new trainers to arrive?" she asked.

"Good morning, Aiko." Oak replied with a yawn. "Yes, they should be here any minute now."

"I heard they were students of yours. Is that right?" she asked as she took a seat beside Professor Oak.

"That's correct. I taught them at Silver City Academy. They're all exceptionally bright. Two girls and one boy this year; they were top in their class separately, and feverishly competed with each other for the top spot in similar classes. I've never seen such a talented group. Usually there's one or two standout stars each year, not three." said Professor Oak excitedly. "What makes it even more amazing, is that they are all fifteen years old; three years younger than the typical students who graduate from Silver Academy."

"Well, then I'll be looking forward to seeing them participate in the World Championships in a few years," she said, adjusting her glasses and eyed her reports.

"As do I," replied Professor Oak before taking another sip of his coffee.

Aiko checked her watch and stood up, clipboard clenched closely to her chest. "Well, I got to go. I have to check the data and record it by the end of the day," she said as she walked away.

Stretching his tired limbs, Professor Oak stood up and walked out of his Lab. Oak walked out of the front door and stepped outside. It was a glorious morning in Pallet Town; the horizon was a rich orange, blue, yellow, and purple, the colors swirled together like a masterful painting. It was quite brisk out, though it was quickly building up to be a warm spring day. A great day after the exciting finals of the Pokémon League the night previous. No doubt the new trainers had watched the spectacular event themselves.

"Humph. You'd think they'd be here at the crack of dawn," said Professor Oak as he leaned against the laboratory door, his old joints stiff from age. Oak never once considered retirement from being a Professor, like many others of his profession. He was immersed in his studies; he always thought he would die in his laboratory.

Several minutes passed before Oak saw three young trainers running down the street. Two young girls and a boy ran down the sidewalk, shoving and pushing each other out of their way to get to the lab first. Oak chuckled as the teenagers rushed over and stopped before him, short of breath.

The shortest was a petite girl with medium black hair and jade eyes. She wore a green Poké Ball shirt, blue jeans, green and black shoes, and had a green tasseled purse. The girl beside her was tall with a slightly large bust, blonde short bobbed hair, and deep blue eyes. She wore a white high waist outfit with blue skirt, blue shoes with white high socks, and blue enamel stripped purse. The only boy of the group was tall with short ginger hair and amber eyes. He wore a red black-splatter t-shirt with a red jacket over. He also wore blue jeans, red tennis shoes, and a two-tone red bag. He wore a red official Pokémon League hat.