1.3 - ferris wheel

It had been a week since I had known Taehyung and we had arranged to meet at a amusement park quite far from Seoul. I guess it was his type of date, I knew from the times we had texted. He had made me smile more and more. My smiles had grown from just the corners of my lips to my cheeks.

He said he'd pick me up at six and we'd get dinner there. I was excited and stressed. Stressed about what to wear. I decided on something simple.

He rocked up and complimented me on my style. That gave me confidence to smile at him. With my cheeks and lips in a full curve. It was like a test run.

"Cute."

I guess that's why I like to smile now. I like to smile and laugh.

When we got there, I couldn't help but be at awe. The lights contrasted with the night sky and dazzled as the ferris wheel went around. The music was the atmosphere, cheery and childish. Quite like Taehyung.

We went to the basketball hoop game first. Taehyung helped me win a small teddy bear. He wrapped his arms around me and helped me position the ball to throw it. It was a classic move but I let him do it.

Once I got the teddy bear, Taehyung smiled. His smile was different. Not like everyone's crescent, teeth smile. It was a rectangle that I wouldn't forget for the world.

"You have a weird smile."

"Do you like it?"

"Yes."

It would be weird for me not like his smile, his laugh, his vibe. He was like another person who didn't really belong but somehow did.

We had the standard ferris wheel moment; where he asked me to be his girlfriend and I responded with a gasp and a 'yes.'

From then on he made me smile more and more. We both grew within each other's happiness. Both killing each other with kindness and laughter. I thought the moments with him would last forever. I thought that I could be happy with him forever. I thought that he would be mine forever. But that's the thing. I'm a thinker.