Danielle and Dylan left two days ago. I was sad to see them go, but also wanted time to myself. Time to myself to clean the house and think about Justin. I missed him, even though the days away from each other haven't been that long.

He texted me throughout the weekend and said that he wishes he had time to come into the city. Jacob Tyler was sick with a cold, and his other kids were enjoying the start of their summer. I knew he has kids, but I didn't know any of their names besides Jake. I didn't know him well enough to gauge if I was crossing a line with asking questions about his children.

He seemed to want to talk about them, but I felt slightly uncomfortable, so I always changed the subject. But I secretly wanted to know more about his life.

Samantha had extended her trip in Brazil by a couple of days, which bodes well for me. Justin said that he wanted to take me to lunch on Monday.

I woke up that morning with a smile on my face. I worked out, as usual, and pushed myself extra hard today. I had a lot of pent up energy that needed to be released. Hopefully, Justin could help with that in the near future.

I kept waiting for some feeling of guilt to seep through my body, but it never came. Did that make me a bad person? I didn't care. I was enjoying myself of being selfish for once. Dani kept telling me not to worry about it. She said that if Samantha wanted her husband, she would be there for him. She wasn't, so I took her place.

I dressed for lunch in a pair of tight white pants and threw on a simple tank top, covering it up with a burgundy blazer. I wore some jewelry, which I didn't usually wear, but I was feeling festive. My pumps for today were patent leather and matched my jacket. I decided to put my hair in a high pony tail.

Justin had texted me the address of the restaurant and I arrived ten minutes before we were supposed to meet. It was a nice cafe located on the street. I got a table and the waiter asked what I wanted to drink. I just asked for water and waited for Justin.

He was five minutes late and looked so apologetic.

"I'm sorry I'm late." He kissed my cheek lightly before he sat down. I sometimes wondered if he worried about us being seen like this, but he hadn't said anything, so I didn't bother asking.

"I don't mind waiting," I said and looked at him for the first time. He was in scrubs today, which told me he had a surgery. He looked good. Relaxed, but tired.

"How was your weekend?" He asked.

I told him about how I entertained Dani and Dylan while they were here. He smiled and seemed like he couldn't get enough of me. I could tell he wanted to reach across the table to grab my hand, but he didn't.

I asked him how Jake was doing. It broke my heart when he told me that the little boy woke up crying yesterday with a fever. My feelings for Justin skyrocketed as he explained how he cared for his son throughout the day. Thankfully, Jake was better now.

"What do you have planned for the rest of the day?" Justin asked before taking a large bite of his cheeseburger.

"More unpacking."

"You're still not done?" He laughed.

"No, and it's getting annoying." I huffed. "I have so many things that I don't need. It's exhausting."

"How about I come over tonight to help?"

I was kind of shocked that he kept wanting to spend time with me. Didn't he have obligations?Shouldn't he be hanging out with his kids? I asked him just that, and he laughed.

"Abby, at their ages, they would rather have their friends around than me. They're going to their going to my parents' for the evening."

"How many kids do you have?"