Chapter 1

Jay's POV

I was working at the bar and juggled five shot glasses in the air. I noticed a group of flirty, giggling girls. I don't know why girls take an interest in me. I don't even care about their feelings toward me.

I just have one girl in my heart and that girl is Aqueela Lawson. I heard a cough and looked up to see Aqueela. I wonder if she is going to apologize. Instead, she demanded, "A tequila for Aqueela and make that snappy!"

So, that kind of hurt my feelings. I really expected her to apologize. I just shrugged and handed her the drink. I went on to the next round of customers.

A girl with blonde hair and blue eyes smiled at me, "I would love to have a drink, hottie. Perhaps, a surprise?" Another flirty girl, that's just great. Maybe if I flirt back, I will stop thinking of Aqueela.

I nodded, "Sure thing, beautiful." She giggled, "Thanks. I like you eyes. You're cute." She twirled a strand of her hair and continued to giggle. Inside, I was disgusted. She must be one of those shallow chicks.

I took a quick glance towards Aqueela. She looked pretty upset, but I don't care. If she is jealous, then great! It's not like she loves me, or anything.

After I took more orders, I looked at Aqueela. She looked horrible, and was definitely drunk. I talked to a waiter and told him that I will bring her home.

I carried her, "Where do you live?" She gently shook her head, "None of your beeswax." I sighed, "Just tell me, please." She shook her head again, "No thanks. Take me to your house. It's cozy." I sighed, "Alright." I brought her to my car and set her down into the passenger seat.

Aqueela asked with wide eyes, "Why did you flirt with that girl?" Really? Why does she care? I snapped, "I can do whatever I want." She smiled sadly, "Please don't do it, next time. I don't like it, at all." We arrived at my house and I carried her upstairs. I asked, "Why don't you?" She blurted out, "I love you!"

Before I knew it, I dropped her and she tumbled down the stairs. Shoot! Why did she have to say that! I ran after her and she whispered, "I'm hurt. I'm dying. Get the ambulance." I rolled my eyes, "I'll be back." I ran up the stairs and into my room to grab a first-aid kit.

I ran back to her and dabbed her head with a cloth. It was bloody.

She winced, "Am I bleeding, badly?" I nodded, "Sort of, but you'll live." She shouted, "You dropped me down the stairs!" I sheepishly smiled, "I'm sorry, it was an accident. I just wasn't expecting you to say 'I love you.'" She shouted, "Next time, I won't say 'I love you' when you are carrying me!" I snapped, "Stop saying that! You can't love me! Nobody can and nobody ever will love me!"

She grew silent and I carried her upstairs to my bed. She drifted off to sleep and snored silently. I whispered, "Sweet dreams, Bubblegum Klutz."

I just could not believe her confession.

There was no way she could love me. I'm just not a lovable person.

I have a heart of stone, that will never break and never soften.

In the end, everyone leaves me.

Why should I even try to love her back? She'll just leave me, in the end.

Note: This is for a one shot contest of His Bubblegum Klutz. The characters and idea of the chapter is from CJustMe. You may not understand this at all so I suggest that you read His Bubblegum Klutz.