Chapter 2

"I TOLD YOU!" Piper screamed at Harlan. "Piper we have to get out of here!" Harlan ran for the door of the attic, but it slammed closed before they could get out. Harlan and Piper slammed on the door, "GET US OUT OF HERE!" they yelped. Piper felt a looming presence behind her. She felt a cold clammy hand on her shoulder. She screamed as she and Harlan felt the floor below them dissolve. They fell several stories and landed in water.

Ania tumbled down the stairs. She heard Maya-Lynn scream her name as she fell. Ania hit her head hard against a step. Once she reached the last step, she expected to just lie on the rug, but she just fell strait down. Falling and falling. She felt like Alice in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole. She decided to try to land on her feet. Dumb idea. She felt a sharp pain in her ankle. Ania crumpled to the ground. She had probably broken it. Smart idea, Jensen! Smart idea. she thought to herself as she writhed in pain.

Austin and Brendan bolted from the room after seeing the face in the pantry and hearing AnaLauren scream, but Oliver was frozen to the spot. It was like he was having a staring contest with the face. He tried to move, but he felt like something was holding him there. Keeping him there. Making him unable to turn away from the face. He felt mad all of a sudden. He punched a hole in the cabinet.

Conner turned around to see what AnaLauren was screaming about. He didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but AnaLauren still had a terrified look on her face. Tessa and Patrick came running down the stairs and Austin and Brendan ran in from the kitchen. "Ana we heard you scream are you ok?" Austin asked panting. "She was right there. For a split second, right there..." AnaLauren trailed off. "Who?" Tessa asked. "She was a real tall lady. Pitch black hair, went about lower back. White dress. It looked like a wedding dress," Ana answered. Tessa and Patrick exchanged a look. The woman from the photo in the bedroom.

Maya-Lynn couldn't see where Ania had gone. "Oh my God oh my God! Eliza, what're we gonna do?" No answer from Eliza. "Liz?" She looked behind her, Eliza was gone. "Two friends gone in two minutes. Both on my watch. Great," Maya ran to the other side of the house and bounded down the stairs into the kitchen. "Anyone? Oh, Oliver! Listen, have you seen Eliza or Ania?" Oliver looked up, his hand was clenched in a fist, a wild look in his eye. Maya had never seen Oliver in a rage, he was always just quirky Oliver, but she looked at the hole in the cabinet then back at Oliver's clenched fist. Oliver looked down at his fist also. He quickly unclenched his hand, "oh my God, did I do that?"

Eliza didn't know why she was drawn to the stain on the floor, she just was. She felt herself walking over to it, but she felt like someone else was controlling her body and she was just observing. She bend down and lightly traced the stain. She didn't know why she would do that. Something in her head told her it was a blood stain. It looked fresh. She put her hand in the middle of the stain and when she lifted it, the blood was on her hand like it was split just a moment ago. When she turned around she was in the same room, but there was furniture and photos. There were people. Dancing. Laughing. It looked like a party was going on. She was scared, she wanted to go back to her friends. She heard a girl's scream. Eliza looked over to see a teenage girl in a green dress collapse on the floor with a knife wound in her side. Eliza got a good look at her face. Eliza and the girl looked exactly alike.

Piper and Harlan landed in about two feet of murky water. Harlan stood up and helped Piper up. "You ok, Pipes?" She nodded and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, "Oh Harlan! I'm so scared." She started to cry into his neck. He rubbed her back gently, "it's ok. Come on we'll try to find a way out of here." Piper wiped the tears from her eyes and said, "Harlan I know I'm not always the most...faithful... girlfriend, I know I check out a lot of guys, but you're the best boyfriend I've ever had and I love you." Harlan gave her a quick kiss and they walked off threw the murky water hand-in-hand.