~ Rags And Wealth ~ || A Chresanto Romance Novel Book One

~ Rags And Wealth ~

Rags and wealth. That is the correct word for my situation. I mean, that's all grandma seems to have to say about it. She and I are seated inside of her local soul food mobile truck conversing about how i'd shown up so suddenly. I could tell she was anxious and that she knew something was very wrong because she was pacing constantly , vigorous perspiration invaded her brow, and she was roughly rubbing the metal counter tops over and over. She likes to busy herself when her nerves are raging.

"Grandma," I say in a quiet voice. She seems to be in a world of her own because i've had to repeat myself.

"Grandma,"I say a little louder. She halts at attention.

"Can we talk?"I ask. Although I knew this would eventually escalade into a conversation, I had to take the initiative.

She sighed and sat. "Yeah. Lets talk. How'd you end up here?" She asked. She knew just as much as I did that my father would never send me somewhere so far alone. Especially 25 paces into summer. I gulped down the saliva that threatened to come up. I think I might puke. Everywhere.

"Well,.." She inched closer in anticipation to hear about what I had to say.

"Grandma,.."

"Alright nah child, spit it out."

"I'm pregnant." I say quickly. "And daddy, he--" tears began to well up in my eyes but nothing fell out.

"He kicked me out." My grandma sat there frozen for a moment.

"Grandma?" i say, and she defrost. In fact, she grabs be and pulls me into a hug an begins rocking back an forth.

"Oh my god you're pregnant. But that's no reason to put a child out."

We broke apart.

"He says he doesn't want his career to shatter to pieces."

"What in the name of Jehovah Witness has gotten into him? I don't know whats wrong with that boy. He becomes a little billionaire and suddenly he's god!"She stresses.

"I'm really sorry grandma. I didn't mean for this to happen." I say sobbing into her shoulder. And I really didn't.

"No, no. It's fine. It's okay. People make mistakes. You didn't mean it baby." She comforts. Grandma never could conceive anymore after giving birth to daddy so I think that the fact that she'd have a grandchild amplified her.

"And where's this boy. Your baby's father?"i looked down.

"Greyson." She said.

"He told me to never approach him ever again. Once he found out that is. He filed a restraining order and everything." I say. Tears brimming my eyes again.

"I don't understand why he would even treat me this way? I've done nothing wrong."

"It's okay, Greyson. We're going to get through this. And you're staying with me for the time being until we figure out what's gotten into Grey." She faintly smiles and grabs a hamburger, fries, and a water.

"Eat up. You look hungry."