Chapter 1: Broken

It was like any other day. I hated myself,how I looked, well everything about me. That day was in some way different. That day my mom was especially critical that I ate at least something...good thing we have a dog and we let him walk around the department as he pleases. He was there sitting by the table looking at me well the plate of food at the table. My mom was looking at me.

Mom: Demi eat something!

It was the 10th time she said "Demi eat something!" I was playing around with my food but for my luck the phone began to rang and she got up from the table and when for the phone,and when outside the apartment to talk to whoever was on the other side of that phone call. She looked happy. I hate happy,happiness all that...I just can't understad how someone can be that happy!

I grabbed the piece of chicken that was on my plate and quickly I gave it to our dog. He was beyond happy for the chicken, for what if I was the one eating, we all know it's impossible, the chicken I would vomit in repugnace.

I kept feeding the dog all my food,just in time I had given the dog all my food, but wait I had forgotten to give the dog some of the spaguetti. Oh no I was, myself, in trouble. My mom was going to force me to eat that, she thinks I ate everything else but this that is left on my plate she is going force me to eat it front of her.

She hung up the phone and put it on the table just as she was sitting down at the table.

Mom: Demi good you are just about to finish your food. Oh remember you can't get up,up until you finish that spaguetti.

Demi: Really? -You said winning-

Mom: Yes really! I'm not moving until you finish that

You had a bit of trouble getting that food into your mouth and then chewing it but with luck you were able to.

Mom: Now you can go...

Demi: Thank You!

I got up and ran out to the bathroom. I had to purge. I couldn't resist, my head kept saying "Your fat,you have to be skinny' and well purging was one of my ways of trying to be skinny but none of them seemed to work, everytime I saw myself in the mirror I would see this girl,me, who is filled with fat. Ugh talk about disgusting.

I then remembered school started again tomorrow. I was starting 10 th grade tomorrow. Since I started high school last year I have been a cheerleader for the school. Right before the last school year finished they elected me to be the cheer captain for the next school year. So this grade I'm cheer captain. Cheerleading has put a whole lot presurre on me. I mean they literally expect for you to be skinny. So I HAVE to be skinny and I am NOT at all skinny.

I went to my room got my backpack, picked it up and put it on my desk and started to put my school stuff inside. I realized I had not yet put my cheer stuff in it's bag,so I went to my closet got my cheer bag and all my cheer stuff. I bent down to get my cheer shoes but something in the back of the closet kept catching my attention. I grabbed what kept catching my attention. It was a photo of the person I hate the most, my so-called "Father". I then remembered "that night"...

---FLASHBACK---

I was 4 yrs old and playing in my room with my barbies, my bedroom door was opened, my mommy was in the living room and then I could see my daddy getting out of the bathroom and going to the living room were my mommy was. He grabbed her by her hair and began to hit her. I began to cry. He continued to hit her. This was the around the 20th time I saw my daddy hitting my mommy. Something just told me "Go and save your mommy'. So I did. I ran out to the living room, I had 2 barbies in my hands.

4 year old Demi: Stop it daddy! Don't hurt momma!

I threw both barbies at my dad, he got a really mad face and then came up to me,grabbed me by my hair, I could tell he was about to hit me as I remembered of how he used to hit my mommy, but he then let me go, walked to the door,walked out and smashed the door closed. We never saw him after that day,well the last time my mom saw him was in court for when they were divorcing each other.

---END OF FLASHBACK---

I let a small tear come out from remembering of how he just walked out on on me and my mom. I ripped the photo, threw it away and began to cry. My depresion got the best of me. I quickly got a towel and put it on my legs. I took out the big scissors and began to cut. I felt to much pain. I knew my parents getting divorced was my fault. Somehow I just knew it was my fault.

The scars where minimal. I knew if I made then more bigger than everybody would notice. I had to go to school to start of the new school year and I didn't want 10th grade start of with everyone knowing about my cuts.

It was time to sleep. I put on pjs,got it bed,turned the tv on. Watched an episode of "Pretty Little Liars". OMG it was so good!

When the episode was over, I turned the tv and lights off and went to sleep. When I sleep that is the only time I am peaceful. It is possibly the only time I don't think of killing myself.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is going to pretty intense! So watch out! Hope you guys like it! <3 -Rosa [Writer]