Chapter 3: Tryouts & Fainting

In history and geography class nothing happenned but gym was a whole other story.

I was with one of the girls from the cheerleading team in gym. The gym teacher is also the cheerleading coach so she put the cheerleaders to stretch for cheerleading, since it was going to help us be more flexible, so that was what we had to do.

I was stretching for cheer and some girls that we're playing volleyball kept looking at me, I didn't mind them looking at me but I could notice that they were talking about me.

The girls that were looking at me then screamed "Hey ball of fat how did you got to be cheer captain?" That was the trigger I stopped eating any type of food. My plan was only to drink water.

<>

It was time for cheer tryouts. The football field was filled with girls who think they can make the squad eventough we all knew only 5 out of those 50 girls will make the squad.

They problably tought it was easy being a cheerleader well they had NO idea of how hard it was and is to be a cheerleader. There is days I can't walk because my legs are sore from to much running and to much flexibility. They expect you to be skinny and strong.I, for one, am not skinny, look at me I am a walking ball of fat.

All the girls were warmed up so cheer tryouts had to begin. I, stood in front of the girls and began to speak about the tryouts.

"This,for what you are standing here in this football field, is your chance to be part of the Panthers Cheerleading team. It will take blood and sweat for you to even make it into team. Cheerleading is not what you think. We are jot your average high school cheerleading team, we take it to a whole other level. We don't shake pom poms in the air, we carry girls in the air. We are more like all star cheerleaders but without going to those types of competitions. I will ask of you to give a 120% in this tryout and if you're even lucky to make this team you will have to give a 200% of effort, training and dedication. Let cheer tryouts begin"

The rest of the team endend warming up and then they stood in a line.

"You won't make this team if you are not able to do all of this"I said. Then the team began doing various high difficulty gymnastic movements. One by one people began to leave as the movemets were gettig harder. After 10 minutes we were left with only 15 people who were supposed that they knew how to do hard gymnastic movements.

The rest ofthe tryouts included the dance portion and the flexiblity portion.

<>

Cheer tryout had concluded and we had made our choices for the new members of the team. So after that I we I began to walk home, well not walk but run.

I was about 3 blocks from my house when I began to get dizzy and then I colapsed right there in the middle of street.

><Jason's view><

I was walking home from the drug store since my mom needed medicine for my newborn little sister Nicole.

I saw a girl faint in the middle of the street and then I saw a car coming straigh for her. So I ran to the middle of the street, grabbed her and carried her to the sidewalk.

She was opening her eyes. I knew who she was. It was Demi, the cheer captain. She had these beautiful blue eyes and brown hair. She is gorgeous and I was already in love with her. I fell in love with her when I was in 7th grade and she in 8th, but I never told her. I was to scared to tell her.

Demi looked at me, and then stood up.

Demi: What happened to me? Who are you?

Jason: You fainted and a car was going to run over you. I saw you faint and grabbe you and laid you on the sidewalk.

Demi: Thanks, but seriously who are you?

Jason: I'm Jason. We goto the same school. I said "Hey" to you when we were getting our class schedules.

Demi: Now I know who you are...well bye I have to go home.

><Demi's View><

I turned around grabbed my stuff and began to walk back home but this Jason guy grabbed my wrist.

Demi: Hey let go!

Jason: I won' t lrt you walk home all by yourlself just right after fainting.

Demi: I'm okay let me go!

Jason: No! I am coming with you.

Demi: Ugghhh fine.

I didn't want him coming with me but what else could I do? He wasn't going to let me go by myself.