Girl Meets Moving

Hey everyone this is my very first story ever written on here and I hope you enjoy it!!!
Just some little hints to help out Riley is originally from New York and is 18 years old. Auggie is 11 years old and the rest of the gang are 18 years old as well. That being said hope you enjoy it.
Chapter One: Girl meets moving

Riley's POV

With the last box being moved to the delivery truck Riley sigh looking at her childhood room wiping the tear that had fallen from her face she hated that she had to start her senior year somewhere else away from all her friends. Giving one last glance at her room she walked her finally steps out of the New York apartment and out to the taxi that was waiting to take her to the airport.

"Everything is going to get better you'll see." Her father Cory said trying to cheer her up.

"I sure hope so." She said with a soft smile not giving up hope that things would change around.

The flight to Texas was a quiet one the entire trip she had her headphones on hoping that music would change her look on the whole moving thing. Looking out the window as the plane landed she sighed to herself softly. "Get use to this Riley this is your new reality." She said sarcastically to herself. Loading into the car that was waiting for her family they stopped when they reached their new home in Austin Texas. Everything was different the serenity of the streets was something she was going to have to get use to. Looking at the modern country size house she admired it never thought that her family would become people who owned a house.

"We'll be alright, right Riley?" Her younger brother Auggie asked her.

Riley smiled nodding her head being optimistic with him "Of course we will be just have to get use to it. " she said "but first I'll race you to get the better room" she winked at him running inside finding the room she wanted before he had a chance to get it.

Looking around she smiled find the bright side to this move she had a room big enough to to fit all of her things. The thing she liked about her room the most was her bay window it remind her of the one she had in New York. Hearing her father ask her to help with the luggages she ran downstairs to the front door. Walking down the steps of her new house she reached for the closet suitcase to carry inside when a voice caused her to stop.

"Hey there." Said the stranger holding out a plate of what looked like cookies.

Riley turned around and smiled acting polite like her parents had taught her. "Hi, um can I help you with something?" She asked trying not to sound rude.

"Yeah my mom send me over to give this to you and your family." He said extending the plate in front of Riley. "We're your next door neighbors. I'm Lucas." The blonde guy said extending his hand to shake it.

" thanks for the cookies" she said as she gently grabbed the plate from him extending her free hand and shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you to Lucas." She smiled as she let go of his hand. She couldn't help but think about how cute he was.

********************************************
Alright this is only the beginning hope you guys enjoy it sorry for the lame fist chapter.
Please don't be a silent read leave me comment I love to hear your feedback even if it is bad helps me improve.