Chapter 1 - The Nigtmare

The mist was deep and alluring and dark trees blocked the only escape out of the lifeless hole of nothingness in the soul of the woods. With the only light peeking out through the tiniest gap through the trees. It was nowhere anyone should be. It's a child's nightmare and an adults pay bill, yet, there was one girl standing in the soul of it all.That's was when the voice came.

''Come...Come...Clare..Come into the darkness and stay with me..,''
" N-No! Stay away from me!NO!"

The strange creature kept on lurking closer and closer as she was stumbling and running away, but the creature kept on coming closer..and closer.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!"
"I don't want anything Clare... I wish for something,"
"What!"she pleaded
"Come into the darkness if you wish to know."
"NEVER!"
"Listen Clare...listen...LISTEN..."
The creatures voice was beginning to raise, like it was impatient, yet it was not the slight bit impatient.
"PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!AND STOP CALLING ME CLARE!"

She Just ran and ran and ran from the eyes and dark figure supposedly hovering to her.

"Clare...Clare...CLARE!!!"
She looked back and saw two people. One woman and one man. The man and woman each shared something in appearance with her.
"Come Clare come with me to the darkness.... TO END YOUR MISERY!"
"NOOOOOOOO!!! Set those people free!"she schemed not knowing why she felt such a deep feeling for these people who strangely seemed familiar.
"Oh I will...ONECE YOU COME WITH ME!"
"NEVER!"

A blinding flash  zoomed into view in front of her as she screamed.
"HISSSSSSSSsssssss...I will find you Clare!.."
. * . *. *. *. *. * .

"NOO!" Astrid screamed in fear.
"Oh dear heavens, Astrid, what is gotten over you? This is the fourth time this week!" Said Ms.Jones, the house maid.

Ms.Jones was a very lively woman that always wore brightly colored clothes that somehow made a very merry impression of her, which was exactly what she was. Although she was a bit mad...Ok, very mad but she was a great person to hang around with. And also like a real life human cushion.

Today she was wearing a huge punk and green dress with her rosy red glasses,a hairnet and very shocking choice of makeup, but, out of the ordinary, she was holding an old blue book which, somehow, seem to be glowing.

"I'm sorry miss jones, I really am, but it's happening too much. The eyes. They glow. They glow continuously."Astrid said staring off into the distance, almost in a trance.
"Oh stop 'yer jibber jabber and scurry off to breakfast. With my world famous chicken soup, your sure to be sleeping like a baby in a jiffy, I know I do," Ms.Jones said with a wink. Astrid let out a little giggle but stopped, after all she was about to turn 12, she had no time to act like a little child... but from time to time she did let herself slip away.

"What's that?" She asked curiously tracing her eyes over the blue book
"Oh this? No it's nothing

Ms.Jones walked out the door with her chubby legs and rear sticking out- like usual- and plodded down the stairs
Astrid sat on her bed. Thinking about the nightmare.
What is going on with me?What is that thing? What does all this mean?Does it even mean anything? Why is 'it' calling me Clare?
She shook he thoughts away from her mind and changed into her clothes and boots.

She 'scurried' down the stairs and plopped herself on the table.
"Well you sure took yer time missy," said Jones while putting a nauseating bowl of her so called 'World Famous Chicken Soup'. "You better eat all that up Astrid!"

Astrid groaned and played with it for a bit before dumping it into the plant beside her (like always) and shouted "FINISHED!" to end off her morning routine. She just asked for school lunch money and spent a bit of it a Anne's Macro Mart for a banana and cookie / cupcake for breakfast.

Strangely, she had a very weird feeling in the pit of her, hungry stomach, that today was going to be different...

She happily strolled off to school, thinking about  stuff she liked, but these days there was nothing to like.

She lived in a fairly normal home on a fairly normal estate with not so fairly normal friends in a fairly normal town. You would suspect that Astrid was unpopular and lonely but, actually she was quite popular.

Astrid continued to walk nice and slowly to school in no rush whatsoever, whistling a calming tune to herself.As explained before, she paced herself into Anne's Macro Mart, but this time she felt like spending her $ on chocolate and bread.

Astrid wasn't the type of person who tries new things but today was...let's say... 'Different'.

She gnawed her food down and kept the change in Her pocket when-
"Clare...
Clare come...
Come to me...
I will feed on your soul...
"Gaah! Leave me ALONE!" She screamed
Everybody started to stare at Astrid in surprised, not ready for the sudden income. Some thought she needed a therapist.
"HISSSSSSSSsssssss......"and the voice slowly faded away.
"This can't be happening...no... My nightmare...just might be real..."
🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫🌫