Chapter two: Perfect Day

"Mom!" I practically screamed at the top of my lungs

"What?" She said as she giggled a little bit

"What! That's what!?!?" I said as I pointed to the bunch of banners and ribbons on the garage door that said things like "one year!", "happy anniversary" and "I love you Amanda" all over it, there were even some things written. "What did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything!" She said raising her hands up in the air as if to surrender while giggling, I just gave her a glare of disgust and she just ended up laughing instead which made a smirk start to appear on my face "Jackson told me that he was going to do it last night, I didn't do any of it I swear." my mom explained I hate it when she ends up making me smile when I am supposed to be upset.

"Oh my gosh!" I said starting to feel my face heat up which I knew would turn into a bright pink and if this went any further a bright red that I hate.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jackson but sometimes he does these crazy things that can make me embarrassed which tends to happen really easily. "Can we just go?" I said in embarrassment as I felt more heat rising up in my face. Damnit Jackson, you can be so irritating and yet adorable.

"Sure thing." she said as she put the car in drive and we drove away from, the house with colorful decorations hanging on the garage door.

I decided to text Mackenzie and tell her what had just happened, when she texted back she said that she was also in on it. The things that people I know do sometimes could drive me crazy, but it was nice to know sometimes how much they would do just to show that they care about me.

Before we moved again I took a picture of it and sent it to Jackson saying 'thanks for embarrassing me' hoping that he gets the hint of sarcasm.

We did not life far from the mall so it was a quick ride. When we got there the music and dancing sadly had to stop so I got out of the car closed the door and waited for my mom to come over to my side.

We walked into the mall discussing what stores we were going to head to that might have some good dresses for tonight.

I wanted to go to Dress Barn first, I have seen some cute dresses online that I am hoping to get if they have them in the store and if they look suitable for this occasion.

"Nice places to go, but first how about we go get some lunch first so we don't starve to death while doing all this walking." my mom said making the weirdest faces.

"Ok, that sounds good." I said giggling, sometimes my mom would make some weird comments that made me giggle. I went over to subway while my mom went over to get Chinese.

I ordered my veggie sandwich with lays normal chips and a water, after ordering I paid with my card and took my food walking away happy with the food choice I made.

I don't care how many times I get subway I love it so much and I can always change what I want. It is the best place to go for my food.

I find my mom sitting down at a table and walk over to the table and then sat down to eat my food, I realized that she had pretty much ate all of her food already.

"Your so slow." my mom said as I sat down

"Don't blame me, blame the person who made my sandwich." I said as I opened my sandwich and taking a big mouthwatering bite out of it.

While we were eating, I pulled out my phone and showed my mom some photos of some dresses I would like to find or something similar to it.

Once we were done we threw our stuff away and started walking towards Dress Barn, when we walked into the store I went towards the section that had my sizes in it and started looking around. After a little bit of looking I had found a couple dresses that I thought would look on me, I had also found the dress that I had seen online.

"Mom! This is the one that I found online I am going to go try it on and also a couple more." I tell my mom who was I've in her size section smiling at her and showing her the dress that I had found online.

"That's cute I will be right outside your door for you to show me." she said as we walked to the dressing room

When I got into dressing room I put the dress on and looked into the mirror... It was not what I had expected it to be, it looked cute but it was not what I was looking for considering it was supposed to be our my one year anniversary dress, that I imagined would be more fitting.

I decided to try on the other dresses, there was one I love but still not the perfect one for tonight.

"Nothing was what I wanted." I told my mom as I walked over to her.

"It's ok, we will find the perfect one for you." my mom said sounding very hopeful and cheery.

"Thanks mom." I said walking past a couple store towards another one that I wanted to look at, as we were walking to it I saw a really nice store that had a ton of dresses in the widow's.

"Mom! I am going to go look in there." I said pointing towards the store starting to walk away.

"Ok sweetie I am going to run into another store real quick and pick something up." my mom said smiling her usual happy smile.

"Ok see you soon." I chirped walking away towards the store quickly, as I walked into the store and started looking through the racks I found a dress that looked gorgeous and perfect for a fancy night. I found a couple more dresses and then decided to go get a dressing room and try them on.

Once I got a dressing room and the door had closed, I put on my favorite one once it was on I turned around to look in the mirror.

It was the perfect one, it fit perfectly and it was slimming on the top then it puffed out near the bottom, about mid thigh and had beautiful lacing that hugged my arms and to finish the look off it had a cut out right above my chest and one on my back.

I loved it so much that it was hard to take it off but I eventually managed to get it off. Then for the shoes I decided on getting some nude wedged heels that had a strap go around my ankle that were 5 inches high which was perfect for me.

I bought everything and decided to go find my mom to shows her what I had gotten.

I looked around for a little bit, it took me a while to find her but I eventually did and started skipping over to her, I could not help it with the way that this day was going so far.

I suddenly stopped right in my tracks slowly putting my foot down and squinting my eyes.

Wait... She was with a guy and....  what?!?!

___________

Authors note

Having fun writing this
Can't wait for next chapter 🤔

Important to look at the photos to know what the things look like!