Chapter 6

As I got home later that night, I felt myself grow nervous. Nervous about this deal. Even though, Zayn seems like a jerk, maybe there is another side to him, I feel like this isn't the right thing to do.

My parents, weren't always there for me, but they had morals and they were fair. Would they approve of me doing this? A small voice tells me no, but I push it aside thinking it's just my longing for feeling like a real family. Maybe after my parents get better, if they do, then maybe we'll make connections.

I slowly walking into my bedroom, contemplating over this, even though, I know it is already too late because I signed a piece of paper. I trip over my rug, and fall to the ground for the second time that day. I lift my head up and look around my room. 'I need to vacuum' I think. I see something glimmer under my bed. It's a necklace from my mom, who got it from her mom. I've been thinking about my parents a lot lately, it's probably because the anniversary of their accident is coming up. I should go visit them soon. I push myself off the ground and go to get ready for bed.

After I shower and put my pajamas on, I check my phone to see a few new messages.

From: Unknown Number

Hey Winnie, it's Niall.

From: Unknown Number

Winnie, I am picking you up at 6 tomorrow night for a 'date,' the label will be sending you an outfit. Also, I looked up your apartment buildings, the label is moving you to a new apartment, near mine. Pack your stuff they will be sending a moving truck on Friday for your stuff. See you tomorrow. Night, 'Love,' Your Hot Piece of Ass 'Boyfriend' (That better be your contact name)

From: Hayley

Hey cuz, I'm going to be in town next week. We have a bunch to talk about, and we totally need to hang out soon! My parents miss you a TON, I swear they love you more than they love me, haha! xx Hails

I reply to Hayley telling her that if she wants to stay with me, she could, seeing as I have been upgraded. She quickly responds saying that would be (and I quote)"FABULOUS."

I move on and text Niall, just saying hi.

I text my boss, and tell her I may have to cut back my hours.

And finally I text Zayn to tell him, I will be ready, and thanks for the apartment upgrade.

I am a little sad about leaving this place. It was my first adult home, but I'm excited for something new, and for a shower without mold.

Zayn quickly replies saying it would be a mess if anyone found out where I currently lived.

I reply "Well, at least you did the research, but I actually thought you cared."

He comes back to me by telling me "Haha, funny. Anyways, the dress should be there at noon. They will bring it up to your apartment, for safety."

To: Zayn

"There is no need for such a fancy dress, I can make I already own something work."

From: Zayn

"Exactly, I highly doubt, YOU, of all people could scrounge up something at least halfway decent."

To: Zayn

"While this conversation has been great, I am done being insulted. Because I highly doubt, YOU, of all people could scrounge up something at least halfway decent to say, don't text me unless you've found something to say that meets those standards we both have for each other. Also, I will not spoon feed you lines to make you look good. Good night, Zayn."

Surprisingly, He doesn't respond, but my boss does.

"Hey Winnie, That is just fine. I know how hard you have been working, Just don't leave us for good, we would miss you too much!"

I chuckle and text her telling her thanks.

My phone pings, a text from Niall telling me that he thinks that I will fit right in with all the other boys and Zayn will be less of a problem as I get to know him. I text him back saying great, and I can already tell that I like him and the other boys but I am nervous about Zayn.

I end up texting Niall till past midnight, I can just tell he is going to be a great friend.

_________________________________________________________________________

The next morning, I woke up to a loud knock coming from my front door. I rubbed my eyes and yawned before stumbling into my slippers and walking towards the door. I opened it and there was a man there with a package. He told me to sign, I did, and he handed me the bag. As I walked back in, I glanced at the clock, it was all ready 12.

Eagerly, I open the package, the dress is a deep red with of the shoulder straps. They sent accessories, shoes and a coat. I quickly text Maia a thank you. As I pull it all out, a small black bag falls out to. It holds a kit with makeup and hair product, and a how-to guide. I put all of the new things into their respective spots. I should really keep them in good condition, in case I have to return it all. Then I quickly go change into a long sleeve blue t-shirt and leggings and through on a pair of tennis shoes. I then leave my apartment and walk down to the store to get a lot of packing boxes.

After paying, I walk to Sally's to get my schedule for the next two weeks and some lunch, then I head back home after seeing that my shifts have been cut in half. I head back home to start to pack. It is going to be a long day.

Three long hours of packing, and it's time to move on to the next thing. I get up and stretch out and then head to the bathroom where I decide to curl my hair. Then I start to put my make up on, I apply a dark red lipstick, a light bb cream and a subtle Smokey eye. I swipe on two coats of mascara, and then pull my hair up into a soft pony tail with curls loosely framing my face. I go and put my dress on followed by the jewelry, and shoes, before finally pulling on my jacket and filling my purse. I glance at the clock, and on cue comes a knock. I walk over and open the door wide.

"You clean up nice."

I don't respond for a moment.

"Hello, Zayn." I nod curtly,

I offer for him to come in but he declines and mutters something about not want to catch fleas or something. I grab my purse from the counter and walk out the door. I slide my key into the handle to lock it.

"Why bother locking it? I mean it's a rat's nest anyways, you'd be lucky if someone robbed you." Zayn snarkily remarks.

I hold my head up and just stare at him. I have almost had it with him. I can't believe I have to deal with him for the next six months.

o