4~ cold history

Alex's P.O.V

I wore my best navy blue jeans with my black and red flannel shirt with my black worker boots. I wanted to make a good impression on Ross, why? I'm not too sure yet..

I picked up my phone and wallet and slid them into my pockets before messing with my hair in the mirror. I checked my phone for any texts from Ross.

No new messages.

Oh.

I shook my head and checked he time, I was already 5 minutes late.. As usual. I checked my look one last time in the full length mirror before leaving my apartment to head to Ross' as we planned.

Ross' P.O.V

Knock knock.

I took a deep breath before walking over to answer the door. I was nervous. I wanted to sit him down and talk about everything that happened many years ago, something me and him both had tried to forget about.

I opened the door and looked at him up and down, his look was effortless. But at the same term, it was absolutely perfect on him. "Come in," I smiled and held the door for him and he nodded once, stepping inside hesitantly. "I already made you some coffee, you were late so I guessed what your coffee type would be." I motioned to my modern themed living space that had a connected kitchen.

He took a seat on the white, comfortable couch and looked around. "This place is beautiful.. I knew you were a good writer but I never thought you'd be a designer too, mate" he turned to me and wiggled his eyebrows before I sat down on the opposite sofa to him. "Thanks Alex, I think?" I chuckled a little and picked up the blue cup that sat on the glass coffee table and sipped at it, still hot.

Like me.

I'm sorry.

Alex took the green cup that was placed in front of him and took a few mouthfuls before trying to figure the taste. "Good?" I asked and he nodded. We sipped at our coffees enjoying the peace in the late morning.

He finished his rather quickly and began playing with his fingers. "You alrigh--" I was cut off by him. "I know why you wanted me to come here and there's things that need to be said.. I have a lot to say, Ross."

I gulped, setting down my cup. "Yeah, I just wanted to tell you that I'm.." I stuttered as the guilt came back to me "I'm so sorry for not coming back, I honestly wanted to I just never got around to it I got so busy and you were always in my mind, I just--"

"Ross, I'm not mad," he shook his head and sighed, I could tell the smile he had was forced. "I just felt used, I'm just sad now.. I left Sam for you because you promised to be there and you left me for the most difficult years of my life.." He looked down and my heart bloody sunk.

I felt tears prick my eyes slightly and I felt horrible. "I never planned to fall in love with anybody on that holiday but it just happened, y'know? I.. I missed you, there was no way to contact you you didn't give me anything. And I didn't use you, I always planned I return I really did.. I'm so sorry.." I was basically crying at this point and he looked back a me with a concerned look.

Alex's P.O.V

"Don't cry," I begged him, every tear that fell was like a dagger in my heart. "It's just.. You got my hopes up and never came back to me, you promised to. I couldn't be mad you saved me from the worst kind of relationship and made me actually happy.." I took a breath "no one had ever made me as happy as you.."

He looked at me with the biggest eyes, he was still crying but very lightly now. "I loved the time I spent with you, it was the best time and the most memorable time, I.. I just need to know, are you going to abandon me this time? Or are you not even going to stay much longer?"

I scowled, looking him straight in the eyes. I can't go through this again.