Chapter 4: Crimson

Stepping from the car, I frowned slightly at the large house in front of me. I really didn't want to be here, because by the looks of it, France, Prussia, and Spain were all waiting for me at the door. I sighed, waving as I began to walk to the stairs.

The Prussian was the first to come down at me, running straight for me and then diving at my legs. I darted to the right, bumping into Spain, who caught me before I fell on my faceI smiled at him, and he patted my head, "Be careful Chika." I nodded, then looked at Prussia, who was still lying on his face, silent.

"Hey, Box head, you okay?" I asked him, poking him with my foot. He grumbled something, to which I rolled my eyes and went back to walking up the stairs. France smiled at me, his eyes locking onto my wrist.

"You're still wearing it, Mon Amour~" He said, taking my hand gently and pushing the sleeves of my white shirt.  I nodded slightly.

"Yeah. I've worn it for years. Ever since you gave it to me, it's my favorite bracelet."

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms on the small of my back, and then on my legs. I was hoisted from the ground (where I would have preferred to be) and carried back down the stairs. I glared at the Albino who carried me, "Let go of me you Alibino ass-face!!!"

"Kesesese~ Never~"

I was thrown into the seat of a sleek, black Bugatti Veyron. The albino wasted no time in buckling the seat belt and closing the door, then leaping the hood and hopping into the front seat. He smiled, "You like fast cars?" 

"I WANT OUT!!!"

"Tough, because I'm not slowing down." He shifted the car into drive, before putting the top down. Reaching over, he snapped the hair tie that made sure my bun was in place, "Trust me, you're hair won't be in the way."

And with that, he stepped on the gas, pushing it to the floor. I yelped as the car lurched into motion, getting only a glimpse of a very angry looking Englishman running out the doors. 

"KESESESESE~ LET'S SEE HOW FAST IT CAN GO!" Prussia shouted over the sound of the whipping wind. I held the edge of the seat tightly, not sure if I was scared or excited. 

People usually feel like that around someone like Prussia.

60...70..80...I watched the speedometer get higher and higher, "Y-You know the top speed for this thing is 254 miles per hour, right?!"

"THEN LET'S GO 254!" 

"YOU'RE INSANE!!!" I said, my voice a mix of laughter and terror.

"DANKE, FRAU!"

We were blasting down the private road that led to the large house, the loud roaring of the car- now at 100 miles per hour- and our laughter lighting up the sky. The car slowly came to a halt, and I let my head fall softly against the dash, the laughter in my chest still shaking my shoulders. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up to Prussia.

His eyes had softened up dramatically, the arrogant grin gone from his lips. A soft, meaningful smile rested on his lips, "France missed you a lot."

I nodded slightly, pushing my messy hair from my face, "Yeah, I expected that from him." I was surprised at how gentle he was. Artemis used to always tell me he had a humble side....had she really known?

 "Did you really leave because of England?"

"The news spread?"

"Like a wildfire."

I nodded, "It's not healthy to love someone like him. He's gonna live much longer...I'll be forgotten after a while."

"Why don't you let him love you now though?"