II. Explanation Of Characters

This is an explanation of Characters that #ProjectCharacter recognizes.

ANTAGONIST:

a person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary, he/she struggles against something or someone.

PROTAGONIST:

the leading character or one of the major characters in a drama, movie, novel, or other fictional text. He/She struggles towards/for something or someone.

DYNAMIC:

a literary or dramatic who undergoes an important inner change, as a change in personality or attitude: He/She changes throughout the story due to the story's plot.

ROUND:

a well developed character who demonstrates varied and sometimes contradictory traits. Round characters are usually dynamic (change in some way over the course of a story). But have lovable and unlovable qualities, they have realistic human-like complicated thought processes.

FLAT:

a character who reveals only one, maybe two, personality traits in a story or novel, and the trait(s) do not change. He/She has a very uncomplicated personality, and is rather a basic boring character.

FOIL:

a character that is used to enhance another character through contrast. But are sometimes through friends, not all Foil characters have to be hostile to the character they are enhancing.

STATIC:

a character that remains primarily the same throughout a story or novel. Events in the story do not alter a static character's outlook, personality, motivation, perception, habits, etc. Unlike Flat characters statics are not necessarily boring, they are simply the opposite to dynamic characters.

STOCK:

a special kind of flat character who is instantly recognizable to most readers. Possible examples include the "ruthless businessman", "shushing old librarian" or "dumb jock." They are not the focus nor developed in the story.

CONFIDANTE:

someone in whom the central character confides, thus revealing the main character's personality, thoughts, and intentions. The confidante does not need to be a person. But is often the "best friend" and sometimes subconsciously occurs through the author's characters without the author even knowing it. Simply because humans have a social complex that craves companionship.

NOTE : You do not have to have characters for every category, and characters often, and are encouraged to cross roles. Please also note that this campaign urges literary depth, including character depth. To achieve this I recommend using three or more of these types of characters, but only two characters in any of these categories as long as one of them is diverse is required. Hopefully this sheds some light on the reason and objective of my campaign.

THANKS FOR JOINING #ProjectCharacter, YOU make the difference