3. Under My Breath

The dress I wore was more of a construction, many parts and layers that fit together in a way that presented well, yet cut lines into my hips and limited my movements. Appearances were more worthy than my comfort apparently, and the six women it took to manoeuvre me into this creation were a reflection of its complexity. France, I a willing victim of its architecture and culture that had me spellbound.

In that moment and moments after I felt infinite, I followed his footsteps as they came forward with his entourage tracing behind. Introduction was a boring formality and yet I felt exhilarated by the meeting that was yet to happen and the bumps that were littered across my pale skin defined my emotion.

"Mary, Dauphine of France?" He whispered my name in such a way that suggested falsities in the upcoming arrangements, and it stirred something inside me.
"Ah, Sebastian? Pleasure" I responded to his greeting by lifting my hand toward him and allowing him to take it, as he brought it up to his lips, he glared at me with a haunting icy stare, that had me trapped in his gaze immediately, I felt it and he did too, hot ice, scalding yet freezing my veins in equal measure, he would be my downfall, and I was not going to stop it.

In a mix of quiet whispers and subtle communication, yet a lack of true conversation, I felt connected to this man and his captivating glance, as the simplicity of his near touch enticed me into his forbidden world.

SO SORRY ABOUT BEING LIKE 9 YEARS LATE, HOPE THIS WAS OKAY FOR NOW BECAUSE SOMEBODY ASKED FOR A NEW CHAPTER! I KNOW ITS SHORT BUT IM WORKING ON IT I PROMISE, UM YEAH WELL THIS IS THE NEW CHAPTER SO IF ANYONE IS STILL READING, THANKYOU I HOPE YOU LIKED IT?

if you did, please vote and comment bc it makes me want to write more lol okay, I'm so sorry about how short it is aswell but I will update again soon if anybody wants that??