Green On Blue

Ramona's P.O.V.

Ramona sat there as those words of Ryan's echoed through her mind. They were still making eye contact and Ramona knew his moving eyes were searching for the emotion through hers. She hugged him tighter instead, to break the eye contact. Her chest was tight in her attempts to not cry again. But she didn't know what to think yet.

They sat there for a few minutes again, and then Ramona began to think about Shawn not being in existence at all, not trying to control her love life and ruin things.

If Shawn didn't exist, this moment, here and now with Ryan, is a bliss paradise. Oddly enough, it seems that way with Ryan anyways, but there's something restricting with Shawn, and it's probably Shawn himself.

But if he didn't exist. That's a whole different story. Ramona would've already told Ryan her feelings for him with no fear and most likely no hesitation. And they would be together. That's the most important part, that they would be together and Ryan would treat her better. Ramona knows that now.

So what does she tell him? Because Shawn exists and he still has that lasso drawn around her middle, strangling her and keeping her in place like some cattle being led to slaughter. Ramona can't figure out how to get it off. If she cuts it off, she runs the risk of hurting herself badly.

Ryan's hand, fingers forming calluses from playing guitar just enough, came up and began to lift Ramona's chin so she would face him again.

To him, her eyes were windows to her soul and Ryan could see so clearly through them. Ramona was afraid to show him whatever was inside. She was unsure herself, in her mind, but if it happened to be rejection, she couldn't bear the thought of hurting him. If it was acceptance, could she handle a relationship of likely romantic interest this close to love?

But then Ramona was overwhelmed to find his face less than half a foot from hers, even closer than ever. She could even feel his breath softly grazing her own lips, and knew it wouldn't be hard to kiss him.

His eyes, on the other hand, enveloped her in warmth, as if he wasn't already doing that with his strong, protective arms. As much as Ramona was afraid of Ryan seeing her true emotion, the overwhelming love in his was hard to look away from.

Suddenly, Ramona felt his thumb streak softly over her right cheek, wiping off a few of her tears. But then he leaned down, too, and Ramona's heart began to thump and her stomach was full of rocks. Despite the feelings, she closed her eyes and braced herself.

She was ready for this change. Shawn didn't exist now. In fact, no one did but them, sitting on the floor of this huge room in the bright light of the half moon.

Though, after very little time, there was nothing. Their lips did not meet, the love didn't flourish. Ramona opened her eyes to see that he stopped maybe only an inch from her lips, and his eyes were open. No longer looking into her eyes, but down. Ramona still wanted to kiss him.

Then the green of his eyes met her blue-gray as he looked up again and her entire chest gave a huge jolt that caught her off guard.

In the same ginger voice, Ryan whispered, "I don't want to kiss you until I know you feel the same way."

Ryan pulled away about a foot now and after his words and that single action, a bit of Ramona's loneliness came back. She had realized how much she wanted him. How much she longed for the kiss.

Ryan brushed some more of her blue hair behind her left ear before completely pulling away with a serene smile and getting up to leave. Ramona froze up and remained in her spot, even as she heard him head for the hallway to his bedroom.

Her heart pounded like stampede of bulls running across an empty field. She sat in the same position for a very long time. Ramona hadn't a clue of how long exactly, but remembered the clock reading 12:58 by the time she got in her bed.

Despite the intensity of her feelings, despite the burning fire within that spread across her entire body like a wildfire of passion, Ramona fell asleep quickly, an odd sensation of security and satisfaction left about the air. Because now she knows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this was such a short chapter!!! I mean, there's literally only one line of dialogue and it's not even Ramona, hahaha. It also would've been part of last week's update, but I loved the cliffhanger! It was also a perfect ending line last week, so there's that. I hope you liked this, nevertheless!

To make up for it, I'm updating on Monday. Also, because it's DreamingSoldier1R's birthday! See, Ramona, I haven't forgotten (most likely because I wrote it on my calendar). Also, I can't really call you by your name simply because of the Ramona in my book, sorry. You're probably DreamingSoldier1R to me forever, tbh. Hahaha...hope you don't mind!

Love to everybody!!!! I try to show my gratitude for your support and love and I never know how to do it. Let me know how I can, if you know!! Haha, I seriously love you guys so much!! I'm trying here!! xx

P.S. Monday's update is also in Brent's P.O.V. (but it may be short). Make whatever theories you have about what happens, though. I'd love to hear them, in fact!! ;)