chapter one

"Ahyoung-ah," an exasperated voice speaks out. "I'm just saying, add me on snapchat."

Ahyoung tolled her eyes. "Again? Did you make a new one, again?"

"Of course."

"You need to just make one, I don't understand how you can constantly make them, and still get friends on there."

"What can I say? I'm in demand."

"You're getting on my nerves."

"Oh, that's rich." A voice spoke from behind the two bickering teens. "Trying to get more story views Yongnam?"

"No," he pressed with an eye roll towards the older boy in the room. "I'm trying to get my baby sister to add me on snapchat."

"And his baby sister," Ahyoung rolled her eyes. "Is trying to study because she's two points from being number one in the school."

Yongnam tutted before lying backwards on her bed. "You study too hard."

Ahyoung glared from her position at her desk. "You don't study enough."

"Eh." The twenty year old shrugged before turning towards the boy standing in the doorway. "Why're you here Gikwang?"

"What? I can't just visit my best friend?"

"Honestly?" A nod. "No."

Gikwang immediately pouted. "Wha-why?"

"To be honest you shady as fuck." Yongnam said angling his phone to take a better photo of himself.

"And you ain't?"

"Hey!" Yongnam sat up and glared at Gikwang. "I'll have you know, I am most certainly not—"

"—that pure, I know."

"If you two don't shut up I'm going to smack you with a slipper, both of you."

It was silent before Gikwang spoke, a frown marring his face. "That's why you shady too."

A slipper smacked him in the face.

"Seo Gikwang, are you okay!?" Yongnam yelled dramatically, hands outstretched to his fallen comrade.

He fell off his sister's bed when the other slipper that belonged to her smacked him in the back of his head.

"Ow."

"Idiots."

○ 👻 ○

"So, if I add you." Ahyoung looked up. "Will you please leave me alone?"

"Well," Yongnam stressed. "If you want the truth, no."

Ahyoung turned around. "But Oppa-"

"After you add me," he blinks at her. "We're going outside. Like 'getting you out of this room because you've been killing yourself studying' outside."

"What—no—I can't—"

"Yes," he cut her off with a stare, suddenly turning serious. "You can. We're going out for bubble tea because you've been in this room studying for more than three hours. You need a break."

She stared at him before nodding. "...Okay."

Yongnam grabbed her shoulder. "Kyungri's gonna be there too."

"What? Why?"

"Because she wants to see you."

Ahyoung narrowed her eyebrows. "Are you using me to get an in with my best friend?"