Lamb To The Slaughter

The short story i am reading is called Lam To The Slaughter by Roald Dahl. This story is about a husband and wife. Its night time, the house is warm and clean. Mary Maloney is home waiting for her husband Patrick to return from work. Mary is six months pregnant. The clock strikes ten minutes to five, a few moments later patrick walks inside. Patrick has a look on his face like he dont want to be with her. The way he talks to her seems like he isnt happy anymore. Well he is not happy anymore. She asked if he was wanted dinner and he said no. She kept asking repeatedly. He said he had to tell her something. He basically told her that he cares more about work. Remember she is six months pregnant. He says he'll give her money and make sure she has what she needs. Mary acted like nothing happened and went to get supper. She grabbed a leg of lamb. She then carried the leg of lamb upstairs. He tells her not to make supper because he's going out. Mary then walked behind him and swung the leg of lamb back and struck him. I Totally understand why mary killed him. He was going to leave her alone with an unborn child. I would be mad to but i wouldnt kill the man. Maybe knock him out but definitely not kill. I think she is smart for going to the store and cooking the lamb. Its silly that she used dinner to kill her husband. Her alibi is perfect. She is literally the perfect killer. Get rid of the evidence, got an awesome alibi, and the cops don't suspect a thing. I think the two cops who came are gullible. They sat at the table and ate all the lamb. Just because she insisted. She was only worried about her baby and its well being. If she was to go to jail what would happen to the baby? I think her pregnancy hormones is taking over her mind. She was a loving and caring house wife until her husband hit her with bad news. Mary Maloney is crazy because of her hormones but also reallt smart.