Prologue

Prologue

You are pulled into a room. Cold and musty. The strong smell of wine causes you to gag. You suggest you are in a wine cellar. Your father had one in his house before he died. You had always hated the way he got drunk on Sunday nights. Not caring about the world. Mother has always said he would breath his last breath in there. Sadly, he did.

The stench roused up and you stagger across the floor unsure of where you are going. You crash onto some glass containers and the sound of the glass shattering rang in your ears. A shard of glass goes through your leg and you let out a groan of pain.

Someone from behind grabs you by your hair and pulls you up from the floor dragging you down steps deep into the cellar. The ground under your bare feet is full of liquid you are unsure of and the smell of strong liquor changes into decayed flesh.

----

I wake up the sun beaming in my eyes. Covering my eyes I hear a girls giggle and felt my body being pulled up. I uncover my eyes adjusting to the light and look at the blurred face. A sigh escaped my lips. I remember a time where you could go out and not worry about your identity being stolen. A time where little kids wouldn't have to worry when they would go to the park to play a game of tag. Some people used a holographic machine called CopyCat, that could easily copy ones face with just one look and a formal handshake.

I smile at the girl after a handshake and introduce myself. She is cute. Her skin pale but soft. Her eyes as blue as the sky and her hair a bright blond with a purple headband to decorate it. I couldn't help but smile widely at the beautiful sight. She smiled back revealing braces with purple diamonds in the middle. "I Guess your favorite color is purple?" I asked politely, also noticing the purple heart shaped necklace around her neck. Her grin widened and nodded. "Yes sir" Her voice was beautiful just like her face.

She looked down toward her watch and gasped. "I have to go to class!" She frowned slightly. Glancing down at my own watch I realized it was my time to go too. "What's your class?" I asked just to see if I'll have more time with her. "I am new to the criminal justice class" she gleamed. A smile crossed my own face. "Nice." I reply. "I happen to be a second year there."

I beckoned her to follow me and she had done so. It was nice to hear her voice more. I enjoyed it dearly. "So what interested you in this class?" I heard from come from that sweet, beautiful girl. I couldn't tell her why so I lied. "I was always interested in investigating since I was a child." "My father is an investigator." She sighed. "it's mainly a job passed down so it's expected of me. Now what I want to be is an art teacher."

Her eyes sparkled at the thought. It was gorgeous. "Well be a teacher on the side and investigate at nights." I winked flirtatious at her. Her face turn a hint of red. "Well Rose." I said remembering her name. "Here we are." I opened the door for her and she glided through the entrence. I closed the door and showed her to the teacher. His name was Mr. K. No one ever bothered to try to pernounce it. And he didn't mind. He liked to be "hip" and get along with us students. The class wasn't that big it was just 15. Well now 16 students.

They leave and Mr. K always say they transfered. I believe him. He's been around since I was a kid. Since before my family had died. He's like an uncle to me. My family loved him and vice versa. His hair was short, curly and black and his eyes was the same dark color. He wore spectacles that reminded me of Benjamin Franklin. Today he wore a blue and white plaid shirt with khaki pants and his same old brown loafers. His mouth gaped open when he saw me walk in with the girl and then clasped his hands with joy.

"Ahhh a new student" he said. "Perfect!" My face turned red at the next few words. "Look like Mr. Roy has a new girlfriend."

A growl escaped my lips and I glared at him. I could hear the angelic giggle roam about the room. I smiled. "Go to Mr. K." I explained to her. "He'll get you started in class." She went over to him after thanking me and I took my seat and flipped open to the pages on the board. "Chapter 14 second 5" I read. It was weird my other classes never bothered to use their books but here. We did. And it was great. We learned at our own pace but had our due dates for our tests.

From the corner of my eye I could see the blond girl sitting next to me. Much excitement went through me as I turned over to her. "So do you have your book?" I wouldn't mind giving her mine and looking over her shoulder. It'd be nice.