Chapter 3

(Not complete)

"BETHANY BETHANY BETHANY" her alarm clock screamed at her, she hit it in the head and threw it into the incinerator like she did every morning. It was entertaining to watch the little creature burn, screaming for mercy, it was a pretty funny feature. Her name was not Bethany, but all alarm clocks in Night Vale screamed BETHANY at people.

She sat at her table, which she didn't own, inside her house, also not owned by her. Her things did not belong to her.

Her name was actually Cathy. Cathy was a nice person at heart, but her heart had been taken from her by some weird cult, but everyone had their heart taken at some point. As I said, she was nice at heart. For example, she donated money, even if that money was to a menacing government agency. This showed at least a little of her kindness, even though it was mandatory to give donations to a vague yet menacing government agency. And here is your proof that she was, in fact, kind at heart.

Cathy did not work as an intern, she was a Barista and acted as so with great enthusiasm, throwing coffee in the faces of passersby and forcing the general public to buy Chai Latte's.

She lived in the Barista district, as did all other Batista's. There had been a boom of Baristas a while back, so much so that a designated district had to be created to support the sudden boost in the population of the coffee makers.

Cathy was a mellifluous and becoming girl with a sumptuous vocabulary, although it was rarely used. She was opulent with talent for coffee and beverages, and used this skill thoroughly. Cathy was also rarely at times a very manipulative person.