Chapter 2: Obsessive Artist

• Dedicated to Juliana Euse Mercado

Author's note: Hahahaha. I'm continuing this. So if you want to kill your braincells, go ahead, please c:

This chapter is dedicated to my sister.

-----------

I walked inside the apartment and looked around and smiled, the place was spacey and perfect for two people to share. Then I got nervous again; Amelia and Maddie were lucky that they had enough money to pay a whole apartment for both of them, I had to start living with a complete stranger because that way it wouldn't be as expensive.

But well, after all the trouble that uncle had gone through sending me here, the only thing that I could do was study hard and not get in trouble with anyone. Well, if something went wrong with the person I was going to live with, Maddie and Amelia were always there to help me.

I pushed the thought away, whoever the person was, they weren't there at the moment. So I continued looking around. It didn't take me long to find an empty room (For the exception of a bed and a closet) which I figured that was mine. There was also another door, but it was locked, it probably led to the other person's room, how odd, I thought, was it really necessary to lock their room? I shrugged and took my luggage into my room.

I put the suitcase on the floor and opened it. I took out my clothes and placed them in the closet, no, more like threw them into the closet. I never was the most organized person ever to be honest, but there weren't many clothes anyway. Unlike most people I couldn't care less of my physical appearance, I'd actually rather wear the same clothes every day and use the time people usually spent picking their outfits to do something actually productive.

When I finished putting my clothes into the closet I contemplated the bottom of the suitcase for a while. There, my most precious possessions laid; my art supplies. Water colours, oil paintings, pens, markers, inks, brushes, pencils, even crayons, and of course, my sketchbook. I took the sketchbook and looked at the cover, it had been designed by myself when I was younger, it was a forest with a lot of shades of green, yellow, brown, and blue, between others. I looked at the small details on it and smiled to myself, I had always been pleased with this painting, and it was really hard for me to be proud of something I painted. I opened it an started going through the pages, looking at the sketches of familiar people, Uncle, Amelia and Maddie and my older sister Isabel , who had been the model for several of the sketches.

The sight of my sister pierced my heart, it had been over a year since I last saw her, and I missed her really badly. She was 25 years old, and was currently living in Bordeaux, improving her French. She had studied anthropology, and while she was in school she was always praised for her intellect. Thinking of her made my eyes watery, I really missed her, but then, she wouldn't want me to be sad, instead of crying, I'll write her a letter tomorrow, I promised myself and wiped my tears.

I looked at my last sketch, God, I hadn't drawn in ages. (3 days to be exact, yes that's ages.) so I decided to start sketching something. There was a small balcony with a table, I went out and sat down, then started sketching.

The rest of the afternoon passed quickly while I drew the people who walked by, the buildings, and other objects around me. I would sketch things over again, until I felt that it looked right. If it were for me, I would have stayed out sketching all night, but it soon got too cold for me so I went back inside, but continued sketching things inside.

9:57

It's still early, I'll go to sleep later.

11:23

I'll go to sleep at 12

12:46

I'm still not tired

2:31

Just a little more.

After I started drawing the thought of having to share the apartment with  someone was completely forgotten. 

---

I opened my eyes the next morning. The early sunlight bothered me, I groaned and curled up on my blanket and hid my head under the pillow.

Wait...blanket? Pillow?

As much as I thought about it, I couldn't remember going to bed last night. I opened my eyes and saw that I was still sitting, but my drawing supplies had been put away and had been replaced with the fluffy pillow. After giving it a lot of thought I decided that I probably had been so tired last night that I didn't remember taking the pillow and the blanket AND falling asleep. I didn't convince myself of it completely, but I decided not to worry about it much.

I stood up and stretched, leaving the blanket laying on the chair, and, still half asleep I walked t the kitchen, wondering if there was any coffee in there.

"Ah, you're finally up, Miss"

Hearing a someone speaking at that moment made me panic, I started shaking and turned slowly, to see a guy, at least four of five years older than me, sitting on the table, eating a muffin and drinking what seemed hot chocolate.

"...H-H-H-Hello" I said shakily.

He blinked and laughed, mimicking my shaky reaction. I frowned and forced myself to  calm down.

"Who are you?" I asked firmly.

"I should be the one asking that. But I already know who you are, miss, you must be the one I'll share the flat from now on, right?" He kinked and eyebrow, I stared at him for a moment, he finished drinking his chocolate and stood up.

"Well, I have to go, Miss. Flat partner" he said before he opened the door and left.

I was left alone.

What did just happen?

----------------------------

A/N: WEEEHEEE FIAL CHAPTER 2. C:

I WILL DEVELOPE MORE OF AMELIA'S AND MADELINE'S CHARACTERS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.