A Nameless Face

There are those days when everyone feels stressed and burned out. For a particular budding artist, this happens very often as inspiration seems too far and distant from him. He had a scheduled graduation exhibition to finish in 2 months yet he hasn't done any conclusive collection. He scratched his head and sighed heavily as he looked at the canvass in front of him. A painting of a girl by the beach was beautiful but it lacked something, it was dull and emotionless. So Woohyun just cleaned up and hit the sack.

Woohyun found it rather hard to breathe as his sleep progressed. He tossed and turned as a certain face appeared over and over again. It wasn't a nightmare though, because the face was serene and very beautiful. Woohyun woke up, finding himself panting and sweating, was it a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare? And the lines of Beyonce's song rang in his head. He walked to the bathroom and washed his face. He looked at the mirror and found his face getting uglier by the day, the bags under his eyes were getting bigger and his breakouts were worse than a girl with hormonal imbalance. He sighed so hard that perhaps his roommate might have heard it. He walked back towards his canvass and took the previous painting out of the easel and grabbed a fresh canvass. He stared at the blank canvass and a face appeared before him. He blinked a few times and looked at the canvass again, it was blank. Woohyun shook his head as he grabbed a pencil and started sketching a face he only saw in his dreams.

He outlined the face, it was a gentle line curving to form his chin. Then he took another line swerving and formed his tiny eyes. A grin formed in his face as he looked at the pair of eyes, tiny and slit like. He continued to sketch and as the clock ticked away, he found himself stroking pencil lines with ease. As the clocked struck two, Woohyun admired the final work of art; it was a stunning face of a young lad. Woohyun smiled to himself as he admired his work. Then an idea struck him; A nameless face

He got another canvas and started sketching away. By 6 in the morning, he had done 4 sketches of the same face, in different angles. He grabbed his brush and apron and finally started to mix the colors for the nameless face. He decided to make his skin milky white since if his memory served him right, the face was rally pale and sensitive looking. He started painting and by the time that he was half way through, a half asleep walked into his room and saw him busy with his work.

"Woohyun hyung, still up?" Woohyun looked at the roommate and nodded. "Hyung, you should really rest, you've done quite a number of paintings, you should be able to create a collection by now." Myungsoo muttered and Woohyun chuckled. "I already have a collection in mind" Woohyun blurted it out and Myungsoo looked at the three sketches on the side and the one being painted by Woohyun.

"Who in the hell is the man? Know him?" Myungsoo asked and Woohyun shook his head as he added color to those tiny eyes. "Saw him in my dream last night so I thought of painting him." Woohyun confessed and Myungsoo laughed lightly.

"You should really need to rest hyung. By the way, He looks really handsome!" Myungsoo muttered and Woohyun nodded. "There's something about his eyes that I can't explain." Woohyun muttered and Myungsoo nodded. "They are expressive hyung. Anyway, clean up and let's get some breakfast." The younger said before leaving the room.

....

Myungsoo and Woohyun found themselves inside a local food establishment to grab their breakfast. "So you said the you saw the face in your dream yet you can remember it perfectly? Maybe Friday the 13th had its curse on you!" Myungsoo muttered as he took a bite of his food. "It's pretty creepy Myungsoo." Woohyun confessed. Then out of nowhere , few girls ran to Myungsoo and handed him chocolates. "Happy Valentine's day Myungsoo oppa!" The girls muttered and Myungsoo graciously accepted the chocolates and thanked them.

"Aren't you still popular even in college Myungsoo!" Woohyun remarked and Myungsoo gave him a knowing look. "You do know whom I like hyung." Myungsoo said in the softest voice he could master. "Yeah I know perfectly well, the director's son." Woohyun muttered and Myungsoo blushed slightly. "And you have to spill it hyung." Myungsoo muttered and continued eating their breakfast.