{1}

I twiddled my fingers as I walked into the funeral home. My heart thumped against my ribcage, making me feel like I was going to explode. The air smelled like lilacs, Hollie's favorite scent. I stepped into the funeral home and wrote my name in the guest book,

Mollie Granger, Sister

I felt tears form in my eyes as I dropped the pen and headed down the hallway. My footsteps echoed as I walked on the hard wood floor, and when I reached the room, I stopped dead still. Don't cry Mollie, she wouldn't want you too. Stay strong. I told myself as I walked in.

The bright white coffin was right in the front of the room, surrounded by lilacs and roses. I bit my lip and stepped towards it. There was Hollie, wearing a long white dress, patterned with flowers, with her silver moon necklace resting on her collarbone. Her closed eyes had a beautiful shade of blue on them. I felt tears stream down my cheeks as I thought about how that eyeshadow would match her pale blue eyes perfectly. And her hair, her beautiful curly brown hair, was placed perfectly around her head. I took the lilac I was holding and plucked the flower off it, and placed it behind her ear. Then, I placed my hand on top of her cold, dry one. I closed my eyes tight, and squeezed her hand. Tears were streaming down my cheeks like waterfalls as a huge lump formed in my throat. Then, I let go and wiped my eyes with a tissue.

I stepped away from the coffin to admire the photos my mother and father had out of on a poster board for everyone to see. On the first board, there was a picture of mother holding Hollie and I, just minutes after we were born. And below it, was us on our first birthday. I scanned the board for my favorite picture. When I finally found it, I stared at it for a few minutes. It was Hollie and I leaving for college together. We were standing in front of the family Subaru, holding our suitcases. Both of us were smiling, and Hollie's arm was wrapped around my waist, as mine was around her neck. It's sad to think that that picture was only taken around 5 years ago.

As I waited for more people to arrive, I stared longingly at the photos, wishing for the moments to happen again. It felt odd to be in the same room as my sister, without us talking. We'd always greet each other the same way, with me beginning the conversation with saying "Hey Hollie!" And her answering "Hello there Mollie!" Oh, how I wished for those moments to happen again.

When mother and father arrived, and we stood together next to Hollie. Mother first, then father, and last, me, farthest away from Hollie. Father wrapped his arm around my shoulder as people started to arrive. Each and every one of them telling us how sorry they were for us, and that we'd be in their prayers. I stood next to father and silently cried as people passed us. Time dreaded on as more and more people came and went. I stood and waited for the ceremony to end, as I replayed what I was going to do through my head.

Around an hour later, the ceremony ended. Everyone had left except me, and I stood dead still in the middle of the room. I slowly walked towards Hollie. I took a long breath in, then out, as I reached her. I put my hand over met heart, some part of my hoping it was still beating.

But alas, it was as cold and dead as the rest of her body. Tears dripped down my cheeks as I opened my mouth to speak. "Hey Hollie," I croaked. I waited a few seconds, hoping for her face to light up and yell 'Hello there Mollie!' "I guess your already dead huh?" I asked, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Well, wherever you are, I hope you know I'm still here, my heart still beating, and that I'm wishing I could still be with you," I say. "I miss you," I say, my voice cracking. Then finally, I lie my head on the side of the coffin and start sobbing.

"I love you Hollie," I say to my twin sister, holding her cold, dead hand.