Her Point of View

I'm just the type of girl who loves to daydream and the one who thinks that she's good for nothing. Yes, I really think I am.

          I walked abstracted in the middle of our school corridor not looking at the students I only knew by face and just thinking of my tardiness again. I was fifteen minutes late for our first subject for the hundredth time, I think.

          I looked at the floor as I brushed my long thick black hair with my pale fingers and managed to place definitely the earphones on my ears that were barely falling.

          Then just... ouch!

          I fell down on the floor because someone bumped me to a great extent and the impact convinced me that this person is in a hurry. I looked at his way and I found myself giving him a glare. Instead of saying sorry, he just stared at me dismayed and blank. His brown almond eyes made me recognize who he was.

          "Rich come on! The other guys must have left!"

           A tall, thin guy called him for him to come back to his senses and to continue running, but before turning around, he unknowingly gave me a last stare,

           Was it hard to utter the word sorry? Ugh, that boy!

           He's Rich, one of the what-you-so-called popular boys in our college. He has a beautiful girlfriend. Everybody admires him, even me. It's because of his cheerfulness and they're always saying that he's kind to everybody. And every time I accidentally look at his way, I always caught him looking at me. I don't know what his problem is. I didn't even think that he would become interested to an unpopular and mundane girl like me who only worries about writing stories and listening to music all day.

♡    ♡    ♡

           "You just ruined the report!"

           "You really are very worthless!"

           "I already thought this will happen. Go on Jessie give yourself a break for a moment."

           "You're no-good."

           I found myself dumbfounded upon hearing what my group mates said towards me. I never had the chance to explain my side and they never had given me a chance though. Their hobby is putting the blame on me even though I just did my part and I know that I did it very well. Their heads was up in space.

           I ran before they see my tears falling down on my cheeks. I ran until I found the place where I feel safe. The place where the only sound you will hear is the chirping of the birds and the gentle sound of the leaves falling down this big Acacia tree. I sat on the bench under it and started to weep.

           I remember the time when I caught my last boyfriend cheating on me and the only place I cried so hard and let my emotions out was here. The place they called cursed that's why students never waste time to go here, except me. I love this place because no one can hear my sobbing heart and no one can misjudge me.

          "Here..."

           I got startled when someone just talked and as I brushed my hands on my wet cheek, I saw someone handling me a white piece of cloth, a hanky.

          "You're crying again Jessie?"

           I gently grabbed the piece of cloth to hide my swollen eyes and I could feel embarrassment is eating me. What did he mean by again? Don't tell me all this time he knew about my inconsolable sobbing back then? Oh this is too embarrassing. Eat me now and let me evaporate earth.