His Point of View

They said I am famous. They said I am so good with everything. They said they like me. But they don't know, I'm just a lonely boy waiting for the chance to talk to the girl I love. I'm a coward boy, just a coward boy.

            It was morning and I was running with my classmates on our school corridor because we heard that a friend needed our help urgently. To the intent of coming there ahead of time, I ran as fast as I could not giving attention to the people along the corridor.

           But suddenly...

           Oh this is bad.

           I bumped someone that has nothing to do with me. She fell on the floor and she slowly moved up her head and sight towards me. Then I was dazed when I saw a very stunning glare. A glare that was so dazzling. A glare from the girl I love. I was stunned. I can't help but stare at her dark brown splendid eyes. I found myself speechless and didn't know what to do. I felt affright deep inside me and just stared at her blankly and incapable of making myself come back to my senses.

           "Rich come on! The other guys must have left!"

           It seemed like the world came back to normal not long enough. I thought the clock won't strike again and I'd just stare at her forever. I was too dumb to offer my hand and help her to stand up. I was too scared that she would feel my hand trembling if I'd do it. I was too coward to exist.

           Then I found myself running away from her. I was so stupid. I can't even say the word sorry to her. Oh God why?

♡    ♡    ♡

           I was about to go downstairs to buy a pen because the old one was out of ink. Then suddenly I heard students talking and I think they're scolding someone.

           "You just ruined the report!"

           "You really are very worthless!"

           "I already thought this will happen. Go on Jessie give yourself a break for a moment."

           "You're no-good."

           When I heard the name Jessie, I hid behind the door of an empty room near the stairs and silently listened to what they're fussing about. Oh they're putting the blame on Jessie again. That's they're avocation with no such proofs.

           I slightly peeked on what's happening and I saw Jessie ran away unexpectedly.

           I got worried and in just a few minutes, I found her sitting on the bench under an Acacia tree at the backside of our school. I know that she would come here. Not long ago, I saw her sobbing here not knowing the reason why. Until I found out that his boyfriend just cheated on her. That punk didn't know that he just lost a star, a star far beyond my reach.

           I didn't know but suddenly, I found myself walking closer to her and setting out my white handkerchief inside my pocket.

           "Here..."

           I said out of the blue and still not sure of what I was doing.

           "You're crying again Jessie?"

            I felt relieved when she lightly grabbed that piece of cloth and used it to dry her tears on her pale cheeks. Then she looked at me and I looked away. Wait what did I just say?

            "Can I tell you a secret?"

           "I'm in love with someone and every time I feel that this love is going stronger, I carve a line on the trunk of this tree. See this?" I pointed out at the carved lines on the trunk. I chose to say those words to make her forget about what happened earlier and to attract her attention on a different thing. But what in the world did I just say, again?