Acceptance

"What kind of help?" asked Jackson. "We've been having some trouble with a terrorist group from the Middle East. They call themselves Scorpio. Have a you heard of them?" Derrent asked. "Not too much. What do they want?" "Control over the U.S. They want world domination, and they think by taking over one of the most developed countries, then they could start to take over the world. Sounds like stereotypical spy movie stuff, but this is real." Derrent seemed serious. His brow furrowed and then he looked at the ground. "We looked into your files and saw that you've skipped grades and your top of your class in each grade. We've also noticed that you have martial arts and parkour skills." "Yeah" said Jackson, "my dad said that I could learn to defend myself, and parkour would help me run faster and jump higher. He always wanted me to be a great athlete." Derrent rubbed his bald head. "And about your father. We've haven't seen him lately." Jackson looked up, his eyes wide. Derrent could tell he was hiding something. "Ugh" said Jackson, finally feeling he should reveal his secret. "My mother died when I was born. You probably know that." "Yes, we do." Derrent said. "My father ran a rather prosperous multimillion dollar company. He recently died, and that means the company is mine. But of coarse, I'm too young to run a company. So my dads friend, Lucious, runs the company, but I still get a very large share of the profits.  I'll start running the family company when I'm 18." Jackson looked relieved. "You live here by yourself then. That's brilliant, you can manage payments and right out checks. Seems like you have the perfect setup." "It seems that way. Maybe I need to do something for my country instead of being in the perfect little setup. Mr. Derrent, I'm willing to take you up on your offer." "Good. We leave now." They all got up and started walking to the vehicles. Derrent got into the back of one. "Come on then Mr. Krakora, let's go." Derrent said. Right as Jackson was about to get into the back, they heard a sound. It sounded like fighter jets. "What the hell is..." Derrent was cut off by a large explosion. "Scorpio jets! Take cover!" The fighters were bombing left and right, trying to kill Derrent and all he knew about Scorpio. "Kid" said Derrent, as he handed Jackson a P-19 hand gun, "Take this. Your gonna need it!"