Chapter 13

I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her so bad. I was so close to doing it too. I closed my eyes, and brushed my nose up against her's. It was so quiet in the house, you could hear a pin drop. It was a pure, blissful moment.

But of course, right before I made my official move, I jumped because my phone started buzzing and playing Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides. Talk about awkward... I took my phone out of my pocket, and saw that Micky was trying to call me.

"I am going to kill that kid one of these days..." I thought to myself.

"I'm sorry," I apologized to Ali. "I have to take this."

"I get it," she said, seeming disappointed that we didn't kiss "go ahead."

She had a somber look to her face as she looked down at her lap. I felt bad, but I knew that Micky would kill me if I missed his call.

I went to the kitchen and answered Micky's call.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Chris!" Micky cheerfully said. "Buddy! Where you at?"

"Well, I'm at some chick's place, and I was about to kiss her, until some idiot called me up and ruined everything!"

"Oh... Sorry dude. Who's the chick?"

"She's... Uh... No one in particular..."

"Bull crap! Who is she?"

All of a sudden, I heard Mr. Greyson in the back ground say, "Mister Stanford!"

Then Micky hung up. I'm guessing Micky got his phone taken away.

I went back to the couch and flopped next to Ali.

"No one in particular, huh?" Ali said, sarcasm in her voice.

"I was just trying to protect you, sweetheart." I said, rapping my arm around her waist.

"From what? I'm not scared of Micky."

"That's good, but it's the people that Micky sends out that you should be scared of."

Ali bit my shoulder, not very hard, but hard enough to get my intention.

"Hey you!" I cried.

"Please," Ali pleaded. "stop talking about it. I don't want to hear any more about Micky, or drama, or anything negative. I just..."

I lifted her chin so her lips were lined up with mine.

"You just what, princess?" I asked sweetly.

"I just want to kiss you... Really bad..." She answered me.

"Then why don't you?"

And just like that, her lips were on mine, moving ever so slowly. I could tell that this was her first kiss by the way she didn't know how to move. It was cute.

I tried putting my tongue in her mouth, to see if she'd want to, but she quickly backed away.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked quietly.

"No..." Ali answered. "I just didn't expect you to do that..."

I kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, princess. Do you want to do that again?"

"Not right now. Can we just watch a movie, Chris?"

"Okay, honey, whatever you want."

I kissed the top of her head, and then I let her get up to head up to her room. I was close to her heels.

•••••••••••••••••

Half way threw Friday the 13th, Ali fell asleep in my lap. She was so innocent looking when she slept that it almost killed me. I turned off the movie, and laid her down, ever so gently on her bed. I kissed the side of her temple and said "Sweet dreams, my poet." And headed down stairs to watch Youtube and wait until she woke up again.