Chapter 19

It was about 12:30 in the morning when I looked over and saw Ali snuggled up with her husky Ebony fast asleep. She was so cute when she slept. So I took a blanket and threw it over us, and I slept on the the couch with her that night.

------------------------------
"Ebony, no girl!" This was the first thing I heard Ali said the next morning; along with some choking noises from her dog. Turns out, Ebony puked all over the carpet.

Ali was rushing to clean it up, while I just laid there, "sleeping."

After that was all settled, I saw Ebony and Spike pad over to Ebony's sparkly pink doggy bed were they went to lay down toghter. There so cute toghter, it almost discuses me.

I sat up to give Ali the signal that I was awake.

"Morning babe," Ali called from the kitchen."how do you want your toast?"

"Morning princess... And to answer your qustion, toasted I geuss."

She laughed, but the atmosphere turned serious quickly.

"We are going to have to take Ebony to the vet later today." She stated plainly.

"Why?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know that she puked.

"She puked earlier this morning, and I'm worried about her. What if she's, like, on her death bed, and we don't even know it?"

"Alright, we'll drop her off this evening sometime."

Ali came in the room with a sky blue plate with two pieces of buttered toast on it and a smile on her face.

"Thanks honey." Ali said as she kissed my lips.

She tried to part from me, but I took her by her hips and brought her closer. She gasped at this.

"Chris," Ali exclaimed. "not now!"

I groaned, "But why?"

I nipped her neck.

"Chris, babe..."

"Fine..."

I pushed her off me gently and took my plate of toast.

"But your singing for me later." I said.

Ali rolled her eyes, and turned the T.V. on.

------------------------
I drove Ali and Ebony to the vet, and Ali and I sat in the waiting room for what seemed like forever, waiting to see if Ebony was okay. Ali started shaking really bad.

"Ali, sweetheart," I cooed into her ear. "You'll be okay."

"I know I will," Ali started. "But what about Ebony? She's like the only family I have left, I don't want to lose her."

I feel like if it was Spike in there, I would be acting the same way.

"I know honey," I kissed her temple. "Ebony will be fine though, I promise."

"Ebony the husky?" A nurse called from the office.

We stood up and walked to her.

-----------------------
"Well I have good news for you kids! Your dog is going to be okay, she's perfectly healthy..." The vet said.

"Oh thank goodness!" Ali cheered.

"...and so is her unborn offspring."

I was shocked, was Ebony...?

"But, Ebony can't be pregnant." Ali stated.

"Oh but she is." The vet said.

Ali and I looked at each other in aw.

"Chris," Ali asked. "You don't think that...?"

"I'm going to be the uncle to Spike's puppies."