Ch 1 (Him)

Ch 1

(Him)

----------------------------------

I wonder how he got past me and made that basket.

But it doesn't matter 'how' he did it.What matters is that he made that basket.And now I'm sure that I am definitely going to get a good one from coach.

"Sam."I looked at coach as he called my name."What was that ?"I didn't reply, so he continued."If you make another mistake today, you'll be off the court and on the bleachers siting with all the useless people.OK?"

Yeah. I know coach can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. But he's better than the last coach.

" I know coach.My bad. I won't let it happen again." I tried to assure him so that he would let me play.

The moment I turned back to the game ,I heard a someone cheering for me from the bleacher's.The bell rang , indicating the start of the quarter but anyways I turned back towards the bleacher to look for Cindy. My girlfriend .

Let me tell you some things about Cindy. She's the typical kind of girlfriend. She's really pretty. I mean she's tall and slim. She's got really beautiful hair and eyes , that is if she's not glaring at you for something. But she can be really annoying sometimes. She's the jealous and insecure type. And by insecure I mean -no-talking-to-any-other-girl-without-my-permission- kind of insecure . She can be really irritating.

And the one thing I don't lie about her is that she abhors my best friend . Even though my best friend is not a girl.

But anyways she is nothing that I cannot handle.

I look for Cindy on the bleachers .But instead of Cindy, I notice her , amongst the crowd on the bleachers .

And I know it sounds silly and cliche ,but something clicked inside me of me and I couldn't take my eyes off her.I didn't know who she is but she was looking down towards her lap probably reading something.

And as if this situation could get any more cliche , she looked up, straight at me and our eyes meet .For a second maybe.And then the basketball hit my head.

'Ouch!' I exclaimed with pain . And with this my mind came back to the game.And the next thing I know ,coach is shouting at me and ordering me off the court.

I went up to coach . But before I could say anything,coach started "No Sam! Not today.I can't take any chances. And your mind is not in the game today."

Well it definitely isn't on the court today, I thought to myself . I looked around for the girl on the bleacher and she's still sitting there.

"If you want to play tomorrow or any other day then you need to concentrate on the game.Or else we loose. And in that case , I am not letting you play."

'But we're already winning this match. I mean we've made a clear distinction between the scores. And I'm sure that-'

"You're not going to tell me whats right and what is not .And because we have head start it doesn't mean that the other team cannot make up for it in " he checked the time " the 7 minutes and twenty five seconds that they have of the last quarter." Coach said and sighed."We need to win the big game this season. And as the captain of the team you need to concentrate. Alright ?"

"I know coach . And I'm sorry about today. I'll make sure not to repeat it.Can I go now?"I asked him in a hurry.

"Yes."He replied. And I headed towards the locker room . Once I was there I took a quick shower and put on a fresh pair of jeans. I hurriedly stuffed everything in the locker and headed back.