Chapter One: The Moon Rises

CHAPTER ONE

I'm running through the forest ears alert and eyes open. I can feel the cool night air brushing against my dark black fur that takes after my hair when not transformed. I'm so grateful i got a chance at this amazing life. Even though I have only been able to transform for a week I feel like I have been in this body for a lifetime.

A week earlier

I'm on my way to the Bundoora Tribe, running actually I want to get there fast because tonight is the night of my transformation. Bundoora Tribe is deep in Caddo Forrest. It has to be hidden because the world does not know about shapeshifters. I will be there in less then one hour I can't wait.  If I forgot to mention I’m also turning sixteen tonight.

Finally, I see the walls of the tribe approaching. My best friend Ava comes running towards me with her long blond wavy hair swaying behind her. Her transformation was two days ago she is now able to change on free will, that will be me tommorrow.

"Tilda, I've been waiting for hours." She says.

"Well, I'm here now. Where's Scott?" I ask, Scott has been recently paired with Ava they are now soulmates for life.

"He went hunting, I wanted to wait for you," she says nicely. 

"Thanks," I say as we walk towards the village. The village is small and cosy with rows of cottages on either side, then if you keep walking straight you will get to the town hall. It's basically a massive building made out of mudbrick with huge wooden doors. As me and Ava approach the cottage we share I start to feel even more nervous then before.

When we get inside I go striaght to our bunk beds and chuck my stuff on the bottom one. All that is in our cottage is a bunk bed, a small table with two chairs and an old couch in the far corner. I go into the bathroom ready to take a shower. When I get out I put on my plain white shirt and my black denim shorts. I walk over to the mirror put on a little makeup and tie up my dark black curly hair in a messy bun. I walk out of the bathroom to find Ava and Scott standing there holding a bag of food and my backpack. Scott quite handsome really he has light brown cut short hair sticking out everywhere and the most beautiful brown and hazel eyes. I would have loved to be paired with him. 

"It's time to go, you wanna get out the before the moon rises." Scott says.

"Yeah, bye." I go over and hug Ava and I can see in her blue eyes she is nervous for me. She hugs me back tightly. I walk over to Scott, I have known him for as long as I can remember. I hug him and he kisses lightly me on the forehead.

"Bye," I say one last time, and walk out the door.

It's around 4:00pm, it's quite busy around with people chatting and others getting ready to go out hunting. I quickly detour to my Mum's cottage to say bye. I walk straight up the short path and open the door.

"Mum!" I yell.

"Yes honey," she yells back while walking towards me.

"Just quickly popped by to say goodbye...so bye," I say.

"Bye sweetie," she manages to get out inbetween kisses, "I love you, and you will be fine. I'm sure of it." She says kissing me even more than before.

"I love you to, cya." I walk out of Mum's cottage covered with here kisses. Now my long journey begins, I have to go even deeper into the forrest so there's no chance whatsoever someone will see me transform.

By now it's 5:30pm and I'm almost at the clearing where it will happen. When I get there I will quickly go for a swim in the lake then get ready for the night ahead. When I arrive at the clearing it's absoloutly amazing. It's surrounded by mountains with a lake in the far corner. There is also a little cave where I will spend the night. I walk into the small cave no bigger that a foot talled then me, and has the width of about seven metres. I decide to get my bed set up for the night before the swim. I unhook my sleeping bag from the top of my backpack and lay my bag down as a pillow. I rest on my makeshift bed for awhile before getting unchanged to go for a swim. The water is absoloutly beautiful, I can see clearly through it all the way to the bottom. The bottom is about two metres from the surface, so not much deeper than my height. 

As it gets dark I move into the middle of the clearing this is where I will transform for the very first time, I can't wait! At the same time I'm so nervous that I'm shaking uncontrollibly. I look up at the sky and see a beautiful full moon staring back at me. It's nearly time I think to myself.

"You can do this." I whisper to myself so I can hardy hear it. Tingling. Thats all I can feel from head to toe. It gets so tingly I can stand it then goes down, then painful agian, then back down so I can hardly feel it. People say if you don't wish it to happen then it won't so I start whispering to myself, "please come, I'm ready," over and over again. Until suddenly the tingling stops. I look around me my eyesight is better than ever I can see so clearly it's almost like day. I can hear the sound of a leave falling from a tree and hitting the ground, I can hear the sound of squirrels foraging for nuts. I smell the fires burning from the tribe. I see all. I smell all. I hear all. I turn around and get a glimpse of my hind. Black. Just like my hair only its fur. I stand about a metre and a half tall and the same lenght ways. I'm huge. I slowy run over to the small lake losing no breath at all. I have amazing stamina now and could sprint for hours and hours. I look into the lake to see my reflection. Black shaggy fur, stunning light green eyes and apart from that I look basically the same as your typical wolf. Only I'm not. I'm a shapeshifter.

Now I have to figure out how to change back. Well, I know how I just have to do it. I got told to do the same thing as before but the other way round. Wish. I have to waish to change back to human form. 

"I want to change back to human form, I want to change back to human form." Nothing happens. Wish harder.

"I want to change back to human form." I say louder and with more passion. I feel slight tingling but nothing like before. All of a sudden I get a big blast of cool air and I can see hardly anything. Somehow I find my way back to the cave and put some clothes on. Then I settle down in my bed and fall asleep.