Chapter Three: Going Home.

CHAPTER THREE

Even with current events I’m feeling so good it’s to hard to feel bad when you live this amazing life. I felt like sleeping on the top bunk tonight seeing as though Ava’s with Scott I may as well make use of the better bed! I lie there staring at the cream ceiling and notice a few small things paint chipping, holes and things like that. I think about everything but most of all, when will I find my mate? School starts back in two days, this Wednesday. Ava will be popular now her mate is Scott. Will she leave me? No, we are tied together at the hip, inseparable. Slowly I drift off to sleep looking forward to the last term of school.

I wake up in the morning to find Ava has crashed on my bunk. Thank God she didn’t come and wake me up and tell me to get lost. 

“Morning.” I say.

“Hey, are you going home today?” she asks at the same time pulling herself out of bed and starting to sort her clothes.

“Yeah, I think so I have to get some stuff for school.” I hate getting out of bed in the morning. I just love the nice warm blankets and snuggling down until I can’t snuggle anymore. I start to climb down the ladder slipping on the bottom step that makes my whole body fall and smash the ground.“Ouch!” I yell.

“Are you okay?” Ava says while coming over and helping me up. But I can see she is trying to hold back her laughter.

“I don’t want to go it’s so amazing here, but at the same time I just can’t wait for the last term of the year.” I say. I decide to get dressed instead of packing straight away. I hop into the shower and wash all over. I’m really tired today so I have an extra long shower. I love the feeling of the small spurts of water all over me. I get out of the shower and towel dry my hair, the curls come straight back in like always. I leave in down, I like it that way. I get dressed in some shorts and a tee and walk out of the bathroom. I find all my stuff it is strewn all over the place, I’m so messy! Ava is stating to get all her bags together.

“Aren’t you running home?” I ask, because if she was she wouldn’t be taking all her bags.

“No, I’m going to drive. You wanna come, I have the land rover.” She tells me.

“Yes please. but can you wait like ten minutes I have to say bye to Mum?” I plee.

“Be quick.” She says sourly.

“As quick as lightning!”

“MUM!” I knock loudly three times.

“Yes honey.” She says while gesturing me to come in. My life is a bit confusing my Mum and Dad split up when I was two I then lived with my Mum in Howe until I was five. Then Dad and Mum had another fight so I moved in with my Dad and have lived with him ever since, and I just visit Mum when I can. I love my Dad and i will always have a place in Howe, my home.

“I going home.” I say grabbing her and hugging her as tight as though I’m never letting go.

“Bye sweetie take care.”

“I will, I love you.” I say holding back my tears.

“I love you more.” I struggle out of her grasp and start to walk out the door. 

“Wait, I have something to give you.” Says Mum. She grabs my hand and presses something into it. “Bye.” I say one last time before making my way back to Ava.

“I packed the rover you should be happy.” Ava chirps. I see Scott leaning against the car, I’m hopeful for a minute that he has come to me but then I realise, he is not here for me.

“Yeah thanks.” It comes out a little more blurred than I’d like because it makes me sound jealous. Which I am. We hop in the car I sit in the front seat and Ava’s driving, kissing Scott one last time before closing her door. Once we start I uncurl my hand and it reveals a beautiful necklace. Its a gold locket shaped like an oval, it has swirly patterns around a smaller cream oval in the middle. In the cream oval there is a baby pink rose. It hangs on a  gold chain. I open it, there’s a picture. Of me and my Mum. We look so happy. It’s her pushing me on a swing when I was three, I think. I put it and I love it. For the rest of the ride home we play music and sing along like we are crazy, I also spend half the time staring out the window and saying goodbye to this amazing place where I hope I will back soon.