chapter 9

(play Love Me or Leave Me to this chapter)

A few days after their kiss, Leigh told everyone she has to come back to her family in a very foreign country and she hasn't told Perrie what's going on. Perrie was confused and sad because she didn't understand anything. But the last day before Leigh was leaving Perrie snapped. She literally dragged Leigh out of her house and into the woods. They both remained silent the whole way until they got to their favourite place in the forest.
"What's wrong with you?", Leigh asked rubbing her arm at the spot where Perrie held her.
"With me? What do you mean? I thought we had something special. I thought we were friends. Then you kissed me and now you want to leave me here without a word of explanation?", Perrie started shouting at Leigh. Leigh blinked and looked really confused.
"I.. I don't know what to say..", she mumbled. Perrie crossed her arms on her chest.
"Tell me the whole truth. Why are you running away from me?"
"I'm not running from you! I'm running from me! I don't know what this is, I'm sorry for kissing you but I need to go back to my parents and apologize for what I've said because obviously it was.."
"Wait a second. Why are you apologizing for kissing me? I thought.. It was..", Perrie started shaking and felt tears streaming down from her eyes. Leigh didn't know if she should hug her.
"Look, Perrie. You're a smart and strong girl. I'm sure you'll understand me. I need to get married so our country could keep being the same as it is now. I need a husband and I ran from home because I was confused about what I want and I fell out with my parents and then I found you and now everything is clear to me. I'm sorry..", Leigh said, kissed Perrie on her forehead and left. Perrie sat down and started crying out loud. She didn't even care if somebody will hear her.
"Was I a phase to you?!", she shouted even though there was no chance Leigh could actually hear her because she was too far away. Perrie was devastated. She actually thought she found her soulmate.

When Perrie came back home Leigh was already gone and Ruth was just as mean as she was before.
"Where the bloody hell have you been?!", she scolded Perrie. The girl didn't say a word and even though she knew she's gonna regret this, she went upstairs to her room and locked herself up. Then she lied on her bed and after a few minutes cried herself to sleep.

"Oh my God. It's our Leigh-Anne!", Jesy screamed when she saw Leigh through a window. King and Queen heard her and ran downstairs to greet their daughter.
"Baby, I'm so glad you're back, we've been worried.", the Queen said. Leigh looked at her and started crying. "What's wrong, darling?", the King asked in surprise.
"I've made someone's life a hell.", Leigh sobbed.
"It's okay, we forgive you.", the Queen held her tight. Leigh meant Perrie but didn't say anything.
"I'm ready to find me a husband, mother.", Leigh whispered. Her parents looked at each other and both were confused.
"But you said..", the King started.
"Things have changed and I thought about it. I'm gonna be the next queen and I'm gonna rule this country well. I want you to be proud of me.", Leigh dried her face and went to her room.

I know you hate me, guys. But stay with me. I promise you, there's so much more to come.